RESEARCH, RACING & EVEN MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
- BREAKTHROUGH IN RICARDO KINERGY 'SECOND GENERATION' HIGH-SPEED FLYWHEEL TECHNOLOGY. Barclay, Steve // Automotive Industries;Sep2011, Vol. 191 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the 960kJ rated Kinergy system which has been developed by Ricardo PLC.
- Cost-Effective Diesel Hybrid. // Diesel World;Feb2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on a functional prototype advanced diesel electric powertrain (ADEPT) project showed by engineering firm Ricardo at the Low Carbon Fuel Event of Great Britain and mentions that the project is based on a Ford Focus wagon with use of exhaust gas energy recovery system.
- Ricardo focuses efforts on hybrid powertrain projects. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News Europe;01/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Ricardo Inc. has shifted their powertrains from traditional internal combustion engines to hybrid powertrains and fuel cells. Sales of Ricardo in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2000; Actions taken by Ricardo to position itself as a leader in the hybrid powertrain market;...
- Ricardo dares--and wins. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Apr2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p53
Deals with the investment of Ricardo, an independent powertrain and vehicle engineering technology provider to the automotive industry, on its Advanced Engine Development Center (AEDC). Reasons for building the center; Amount invested by the company in AEDC; Benefits of the investment to the...
- Ricardo takes prize. // Automotive Engineer;Apr2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p40
The article reports that Ricardo Inc. has been awarded the annual Dewar Trophy presented by Great Britain's Royal Automobile Club, for the innovative design and development work on Bugatti Veyron's dual clutch transmission. The technology sets a new standard for continuous delivery of power. The...
- THE POWERTRAIN SCENE CIRCA TODAY. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Jan2004, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p36
Presents views of Peter Brown, a powertrain engineering consultant at Ricardo Inc., on automobile powetrain engineering. Discussion on the focus of automobile manufacturers on emissions and fuel economy; Market demand for diesel engines for passenger car and light truck applications; Market...
- Ricardo and MAG work on powertrain production. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2007, p13
The article reports on the collaboration of Ricardo and MAG Manufacturing on engineering and manufacturing programmes for production of low- to medium-volume power train systems and components. According to Dean Harlow, president of Ricardo, the collaboration will provide robust and...
- The next generation. // Automotive Engineer;Dec2016, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p35
The article reports on research towards transmission systems and drivelines. Rob Parkinson of automotive firm Ricardo PLC mentions its continuous enhancement through reduction in losses from actuation systems and lubrication while Mihai Dorobantu of Eaton Vehicle Group notes the growth of...
- Steel: New Developments/Conditions May Increase Use In Powertrain. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;May2001, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p30
Discusses the application of steel as material of choice for automobile powertrain. Comparison of material use in automobile plants; Details on a study conducted by the American Iron and Steel Institute regarding the advantages of steel; Advantages of powder metal as powertrain component.