WILL ROVER COME OVER?
- MG Testing Waters in U.S. // Ward's Auto World;Apr2001, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the plans of Chapman-Arup to return the MGF sports car brand in the U.S. market. Price range of the car; Sales of MG Rover in 2000; Features of the MGF.
- MG revival key to Rover plan. Shahmanesh, Nargess // Automotive Engineer;Oct2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
Reports the plan of MG Rover to revive its range of sports saloons. Effort of the firm to design the automobile; Scheduled launching of the sports car model; Goal of the company.
- MG Rover X80 delays. // AutoWeek;2/18/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the delayed plans of MG Rover to begin production of its sports car MG X80 in the United States.
- MG Rover backs TF launch with mailing. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/7/2002, p10
Reports the launch of the MG TF two-seater sports car by the MG Rover company in Great Britain. Price of the car model; Participation of the M&C Saatchi agency for brand advertising; Invitation for test driving.
- Longbridge revival at least a year away. // Professional Engineering;8/17/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p5
This article informs that any possibility of MG Rover Group Ltd. building cars again in Great Britain is at least a year away and is likely to be a journey blighted by legal dispute. GB Sports Car Co., a bidding vehicle set up by former Powertrain managing director Frazer Welford-Winton, is...
- MG Rover to boost kudos with Qvale. // Professional Engineering;06/27/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p7
Reports on MG Rover's purchase of the Italian subsidiary of Qvale Automotive in an effort to enter the luxury sports car sector in Great Britain.
- Composites company aids car manufacturing industry. Bell, Brian // Manufacturers' Monthly;Apr2004, p50
Reports on the assistance of Australia-based SP Systems to British sports car manufacturer, MG Rover Group Ltd. on test panels for composite materials in automobile production. Manufacture of the complex components; Design of the material to match the steel body of the automobile.
- Nanjing plans to build 15,000 TFs in Longbridge. . Lewin, Tony // Automotive News Europe;7/24/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 15/16, p6
The article reports on the plan of Nanjing Automobile to commence the production of the MG TF sports car in Longbridge, England in the first half of 2007. The production target of the Chinese automobile manufacturer is 15,000 TF sports car annually. Bodyshells and major components will be...
- MG Rover: the need for speed. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;November 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the launch of a powerful high-performance sports model by MG Rover in Great Britain. Development of the MG ZT 260; Improvement in sales; Presentation of sporting image; Release of new flagship models.