FURTHER SUPPLY BASE CONSOLIDATION LIKELY
- from the editor. // Composites Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p5
The author expresses his opinion on the need for U.S. automakers to develop cars that are fuel-efficient and the participation of the composites industry in this development. He mentioned the need for automakers to use composites due to its advantages including strength-to-weight ratios and...
- Industry by NUMBERS. // Automotive News Europe;11/29/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p11
Presents several numerical facts about the automotive industry in Europe in November 2004. Annual budget for Jaguar brand's global marketing; Number of parts in a typical car; Forecast on the annual automobile production capacity in Europe by 2009.
- Car Parts: A Polish Specialty. A. R. // Warsaw Voice;Jun2013, Issue 6, p47
The article reports that car parts and accessories have replaced whole cars as the number 1 specialty of the Polish automotive sector. Car production in Poland in 2012 was a third lower than in 2008 while production of automotive parts and accessories has increased by half over the past five...
- SMC makers look under the hood. Couretas, John // Automotive News;3/2/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5755, p20F
Projects flat overall growth in 1998 of sheet molding compound (SMC) plastic automotive parts. Underhood and structural applications as a growth area; Usage figures from the SMC Automotive Alliance.
- Pick what's important. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;10/3/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5572, p12
Opinion. Asserts that automobile companies should concentrate on designing and assembling automobiles and not supplying parts. Ability of parts suppliers to manufacture parts to the specifications of car manufacturers.
- Better venting for gearbox, transmission and axle housings. // Automotive Engineer;Mar99, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the development of Ventseal 2300, a breather system for automative transmission housings. Purpose of the system; Forms of the breather system; Description of the system.
- Cars will be able to see more. // Filipino Post;4/22/2010, p15
The article reports on the introduction of camera-based traffic sign recognition system by several automobile manufacturers in 2010, including Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW), General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG.
- Using discrete event simulation to change from a functional layout to a cellular layout in an auto parts industry. Maurício, Thiago Buselato; Montevechi, José Arnaldo Barra; Leal, Fabiano; Miranda, Rafael de Carvalho; Lombardi, Fabrício // Acta Scientiarum: Technology;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p371
This paper presents a discrete event simulation employed in a Brazilian automotive company. There was a huge waste caused by one family scrap. It was believed one reason was the company functional layout. In this case, changing from current to cellular layout, employee synergy and knowledge...
- Supplying systems may not be path to profits. Ziebart, Wolfgang // Automotive News Europe;6/17/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p12
Comments on the financial impact on suppliers of the decision of automobile manufacturers to purchase automobile parts rather than build them. Forecast on the rise in suppliers' share of new car development in 2010; Cost efficiency of a partnership between automobile makers and suppliers;...