PT CRUISER; NEVER MIND THE CONVERTIBLE, TRY AND CATCH THE COUPE
- Search Continues for More PT Cruiser Output. // Ward's Auto World;Jul2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p35
No abstract available.
- Chrysler starts trolling for PT Cruiser prospects. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;1/25/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5803, p21
Reports that DaimlerChrysler is collecting names of prospective customers for its Chrysler PT Cruiser product. Use of a brochure in the collection of customer information; Plans for the use of direct-mail strategy; Criteria for prospected buyers.
- Turbo Troubles Away. // AutoWeek;2/3/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p20
Evaluates improved version of PT Cruiser called Chrysler PT Cruiser GT from DaimlerChrysler AG. Provision of stiffer suspension and better tire combination; Enhanced weight-to-power ratio over the old model; Comparison with other vehicles in the same class; Comfort and versatility of the...
- 2003 CHRYSLER PT TURBO. Sabatini, Jeff // AutoWeek;4/8/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p19
Evaluates the 2003 Chrysler PT Turbo automobile from DaimlerChrysler AG. Design features; Incorporation of an automatic driving; Engine capability.
- Futuristic Retro? Zoia, David E. // Ward's Auto World;May99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p145
Presents information on DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Chrysler PT Cruiser automobile. Design description; Basis of the design; Rear compartment features; Approximate price.
- PT Cruiser aims at new niche. Eisenstein, Paul // Automotive Industries;Apr99, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p66
Evaluates the Chrysler PT Cruiser automobile from DaimlerChrysler AG. Flexible architecture; Neon platform; Mix-and-match components; Retro appeal; Target market; Price.
- D/C expects PT Cruiser to be hot seller. Kranz, Rick // Automotive News;2/7/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5860, p25
Reports on the sales expectation of DaimlerChrysler for its 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. Comments from company vice president of passenger car operations Tony Richards; Exclusivity of the model to the Chrysler brand; Estimation of annual assembly.
- PT Cruiser ragtop just the opening buzz. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;04/16/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5925, p42
Reports on DaimlerChrysler's unveiling of the PT Cruiser Convertible at the 2001 New York auto show. Body-colored bumpers; Chromed grille; Rear quarter panel to accommodate longer doors.
- PT Cruiser will be built to Mercedes standards. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News Europe;04/10/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p16
Introduces DaimlerChrysler's Mexico-built PT Cruiser. Investment of the company in PT Cruiser production at its plant in Toluca, Mexico; Comments from Gary Henson, executive vice president of manufacturing at DaimlerChrysler.