The Asian Outlook
- Ford output tops 1 million. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;3/20/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5866, p50
Reports car and truck production in the automobile industry as of March 2000. Includes vehicle production of Ford Motor Co.; Total truck production in the North American sector; Plant overtime schedule of companies in the United States and Canada.
- Production. // Automotive News;11/26/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5959, p42
Presents a chart depicting the number of automobiles and trucks produced in North America by the Automotive News Data Center. Types of automobile models produced; Total number of truck production in Canada; Automobile production for export purposes.
- Learning curve on pricing carves into supplier profits. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p3
Reports the transition in the automobile production industry in the U.S. Application of internal standard cost model; Need for supplier to find way to stay profitable during learning curve; Decrease on car production.
- Production. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;9/2/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6000, p35
Presents a chart depicting the production activity within the automobile industry in North America. End to the production of Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird at the truck factory of General Motors Corp.; Closure of industrial facilities; Assembly cost of a vehicle.
- Production. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;10/7/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6006, p42
Focuses on the status of automobile production in the U.S. Termination of production from component shortage by New United Motor Manufacturing Inc.; Production of Mazda6 by AutoAlliance Inc.; Continuation of production by General Motors' Detroit-Hamtramck plant.
- Production. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;6/17/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5987, p47
Reports developments related to car and truck productions in the U.S. Effect of the strike at Johnson Controls Inc. on the productions of the General Motors and DaimlerChrysler plants; Indication on the closing of General Motors truck plants for plant modification; Information on the number of...
- Production Scenarios for 2003 and Beyond. Gillette, Jim; Wall, Mike // Automotive Design & Production;Oct2002, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p14
Discusses scenarios for North American light vehicle production through 2006. Important input in determining the demand for automobiles; Discussion on scenario analysis that is used to deal with the large variety of factors that can affect consumer demand; Factors contributing to view that 2003...
- Production table offers expanded truck data. // Automotive News;12/3/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5960, p51
Reports global developments on automotive production as of December 2001. Publication of data on trucks built in Mexico; Creation of a vehicle by Honda of America Manufacturing Inc. in North America; Information on the stability of automotive plants.
- Mexico sales up in May; 1 million in sight for '02. // Automotive News;7/8/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5992, p16
Reports the sales of the automobile retailers in Mexico. Illustration on the three consecutive years of record sales; Comparison on the increase of sales with May 2001; Increase on the vehicle production.
- N.A. April output up 14%. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;5/13/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6568, p45
The article reports that car and truck production in North America increased by 14% in April 2013 from the year-earlier month to 1,474,599 units.