BMW Improves Powertrains
- BMW plots hydrogen car for 2020. // Autocar;6/17/2015, Vol. 284 Issue 6155, p10
The article discusses the development of first fuel cell electric vehicle by Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG in collaboration with Japanese automobile company Toyota Motor Corp. It mentions that the BMW is testing its fuel cell technology using modified 5 Series GT models. It also mentions...
- BMW sticking with rear-wheel drive for new 3 series. Kable, Greg // Automotive News;2/19/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5646, p58
Reports that BMW will be sticking with rear-wheel drive for its 3 series. Schedule of introduction of the vehicle; Construction of a four-door sedan codenamed E446 for the first version of the vehicle; Engines of the E46 type.
- Key powertrain. // Automotive Engineer;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p11
The article offers information on Bayerische Motoren Werke AG's (BMW) 1,995cc all-aluminum four-cylinder diesel engine.
- BMW gets precious about metal costs. // Automotive Engineer;Jun2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p5
The article presents information on the concern expressed by Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) about challenges posed by increasing cost and availability of materials used in alternative powertrains.
- More assembly in S.C., but BMW isn't ready for American engines. // Automotive News;3/31/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6614, p34
The article reports that powertrains for U.S.-built automobiles from German automaker BMW will continue to be shipped from Germany despite the plan of the automaker to expand annual capacity at its assembly plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
- BMW cold on fuel cells. Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;9/21/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5785, p38
Reports that researchers aT BMW AG are non-receptive to the use of methanol-powered fuel cells. Basis of their skepticism; Comments by Christopher Huss, director of environmental research and traffic activities at BMW; Components of fuel cells; Reason BMW is considering the use of liquid...
- BMW's predictive auto box. // Auto Express;2/26/2014, Issue 1308, p30
The article evaluates the Predictive DriveTrain system from Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) AG.
- 670bhp from potent BMW hybrid. // Auto Express;12/3/2014, Issue 1348, p17
The article offers brief information on the powertrain callled Power eDrive from Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW).
- BMW, Delphi Partner on Fuel Cells. Neff, Natalie // Ward's Auto World;Jun99, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p55
Introduces Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC), a fuel cell that function on pump gasoline, manufactured through the joint venture of Bayerische Motoren Werke AG and Delphi Automotive Systems. Function and feature of the fuel cell; Difference of SOFC from proton exchange membrane (PEM); Advantage of...