Logistics: A Difference Between Winning & Losing
- Passed-down wisdom. Russell, Eric // Automotive Engineer;Nov98, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p74
Examines the initiatives designed to improve the performance of the second and third-tier suppliers in the automotive supply chain. Terms in the incentive scheme deployed at Toyota; Objectives of the accelerate program at West Midlands; Importance of a closer relationship between suppliers and...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Nolan, Alexis // Automotive Logistics;Nov/Dec2004, p5
Introduces a series of articles on automotive logistics.
- Unraveling the MegaSupplier Myth. Upham, Scott D. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Apr2000, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p28
Uncovers the megasupplier theory of the United States automobile industry. Relationship between vehicle manufacturers and steel companies; Advantage of online bidding for small suppliers.
- Logistics boss says dealer system may go. Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;11/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p16
Elaborates the impact of the removal of block exemption and the Internet sales growth of automobiles on logistics specialists in Europe. Changes in the delivery system; Overview of the block exemption; Logistics operation of Scandinavian Willenius Wilhelmsen company.
- Larger, more efficient logistics companies are helping carmakers. Morton, Ian // Automotive News Europe;09/13/99, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p25
Reports the support of logistics companies on carmakers in Europe. Impact of modern manufacturers on the distribution practices of car companies; Analysis on the significance of automobile industry as a sector in the logistic world; Cost of logistics in the European Union every year.
- Auto industry wants fewer, bigger logistics partners. Morton, Ian // Automotive News Europe;09/13/99, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p25
Reports the desire of some automotive companies to reduce the number of logistics partners in Europe. Survey conducted by Datamonitor, a global market analysis firm; Expenditure plans of some companies for logistics.
- Who deals with whom in Europe's auto logistics industry. // Automotive News Europe;09/13/99, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p25
Presents information on automobile logistics industry in Europe. List of automobile companies; Logistics partners of the automobile companies.
- 700,000 cars trapped in EU supply chain. Morton, Ian // Automotive News Europe;09/13/99, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p29
Discusses the progress in outbound logistics for the automotive industry in Europe. Condition of inbound logistics; Comments from Colin Wilson, senior automotive manager of Cap Gemini, an Information Technology consultant; Transportation of cars from England to Austria.
- Logistics industry targets global market. Morton, Ian // Automotive News Europe;09/13/99, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p29
Reports the plan of the logistics industry in Europe. Factors that are affecting the industry; Impact of globalization to the industry; Expansion of the industry.