- Displaced male executives, the new Lost Boys. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/6/94, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p4
Opinion. Comments on the United States companies' retrenchment of employees. Emergence of displaced male executives (DME) as the new underclass; Difficulty of organizing the DMEs; Changes in companies' recruitment practices; Importance of employees' dedication in an employer's survival.
- Show employee's 'direct involvement' in hiring to verify executive exemption. // HR Specialist;Sep2014, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p3
The article informs that every company or organization must have proper proof of direct involvement of employees in hiring or firing before putting them to executive exemption and discusses a court case Madden v. Lumber One related to executive exemption.
- Yesterday's golden parachutes are now platinum. Lecky, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);10/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 21, pB13
Reports on the payoffs to dismissed chief executive officers in the United States. Employment contracts of chief executive officers; Examples of departure deals.
- Firing Gives Way to Dehiring. Bralove, Mary // Management Review;Sep70, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p29
Examines the personnel management problem of executives' employment termination. Hiring of an executive recruitment firm to help the exiting executive find work; Avoidance of hurting the ego of the executive being de-hired.
- Seeing Off Senior Managers. COLVILLE, WENDY // New Zealand Management;Mar99, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on problem posed by dismissing senior managers. Details on constructive dismissal; Managing risk on dismissing the employee; Importance of legal advice.
- KeyCorp Job Cuts Could Go to Top. Silvestri, Scott // American Banker;9/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 176, p1
Deals with the possibility that the job cuts that started in late 1999 at KeyCorp may reach senior management level. Possible elimination of jobs that involve overseeing certain business lines and regions; Extent of restructuring occurring at the Cleveland, Ohio-based banking company;...
- Got the chop? Don't do your block. Start to take stock. Laurence, Michael // BRW;03/30/98, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p94
Offers advice on how to handle a job loss from Don Smith and Tony Negline. Importance of controlling anger and understanding reason for dismissal; Why top executives should consult an industrial lawyer; Use of a company's facilities to look for another job; Importance of using contacts to find...
- A DROP FROM THE TOP - DO DIFFERENT RULES. LAMBERT, ADAM // Accountancy;Jun2009, Vol. 143 Issue 1390, p48
The article discusses executives that lose their jobs, examining the pay received by senior executives who lose their jobs at limited companies and partnerships. Topics include the locus of authority for hiring and firing, the need for a board resolution before an executive is fired, and the...
- Scandal Scorecard. // Money Management Executive;2/23/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p25
Presents information on scandals in different firms leading to the firing of executives and disbanding of the firms.