The Role Of "KEYBOARDIST"
- DANIEL SAVILLE: Vintage Electronica with the Whip. Preve, Francis // Keyboard;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
The article profiles the band of keyboardist Danielle Saville whose music is electronic sweat music. Saville likes the Roland Juno-60 keyboard since it has some of the nicest sounding strings and leads. Their influences includes Daft Punk and Soulwax. The group is working on their second album...
- GREG HOSHARIAN AND NICK VAN DYK: Progressive Metal Synths with Redemption. Gallant, Michael // Keyboard;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
The article profiles the musicians, Greg Hosharian and Nick Van Dyk, whose music are classical, jazz, Armenian music, middle-eastern music and progressive rock, all in one. Keyboardist Jordan Rudess is the role model of Hosharian, and his father who was a composer and conductor has influenced...
- WEEKEND WARRIOR: JIM REAGAN. Couty, Ed // Keyboard;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p20
The article profiles the musician Jim Reagan. Reagan's day job is working as a paramedic supervisor for the town of Guilderland, New York, and a volunteer firefighter. His love for instrumental music aroused when his parents forced him to take piano lessons. His influences are Vanilla Fudge and...
- Sacred fun. Fredrickson, Erika // Missoula Independent;1/29/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p18
No abstract available.
- WEEKEND WARRIOR. Coury, Ed // Keyboard;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p17
The article focuses on the career of Kirk Fischer who retired from his software career to serve as accounting faculty of a local college in the U.S. He relates that he got in interested in music in 1950s when he started playing with an accordion, tried to play drums and then gigged for about ten...
- Jim Bryson. Losey, Steven // Keyboard;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the career of MercyMe keyboardist Jim Bryson in the U.S. Number of national releases recorded; Statement of Bryson, regarding the quality of his band's musical composition; Contributions made by Bryson to the success of the band. INSET: Gearbox.
- GEOFF DOWNES OF THE ORIGINAL ASIA. Fortner, Stephen // Keyboard;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p88
The article presents the musical instruments owned by Geoff Downes, keyboardist of the band Asia. These instruments include Fantom-X6 and X8 main piano and orchestral patches, the EVP88 Rhodes and EVD6 clav soft synthesizer, and the Yamaha DMP. It also mentions that the original members of the...
- STEVE SALINAS. Gallant, Michael // Keyboard;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p16
The article profiles Steve Salinas, keyboardist of the band Cold Blood. It mentions the accident he had wherein he was attack by a pitbull. He offers his view on keyboard playing. It explains the instruments he used in the studio recording of the band's album "Transfusion." He relates his...
- IN THE FAMILY. Gennet, Robbie // Keyboard;Mar2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p32
Features keyboardist Stacy Dupree and her band Eisley. Description of the band's musical performances; Type of keyboard used by Dupree during their performances; Plans of Dupree regarding her career in the music industry.