Not In My Backyard
- Smaller Operators Contemplate Network Upgrades. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p8
The article looks at the demand to upgrade the network of regional and rural mobile telecommunication operators in the U.S. as other larger Tier 1 operators are deploying high-speed data networks. Some small operators such as ACS Wireless have either deployed or tested 1XEV-DO technology, aiming...
- Are Prepaid Calling Cards Going the Way of the Pay Phone? BROWN, RACHEL // Rural Telecom;May/Jun2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the state of the prepaid calling card industry in the U.S. as of May 2013. Topics discussed include the revenues generated by the industry as of 2009, the success of prepaid calling cards for international calling, and the impact of immigrants on the performance of the...
- Green Hills Rolls Out 700 MHz Service. Heary, Anna // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the launching of the 700 mega-hertz (MHz) wireless telecommunication system by the telephone company Green Hills. Benefits offered by the 700 MHz band to the company; Options for customer site installation of the telecommunication unit; Allocation of the cost of the system.
- NRTC: Driven by Its Members' Commitment. Brenner, Phil // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
The article evaluates products and services being offered by the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative (NRTC) including Internet Protocol television (IPTV) programming, the TrueBand Internet Services and the Telispire Wireless Services.
- Combining voice and data in the wireless future. Sukow, Randy // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p44
Describes the progress of integrated wireless voice/data technologies in rural telecommunications in the US. Smart telephones; Digital innovations.
- Snooping around the wireless neighborhood. Johnson, Ken // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on wireless telecommunications in rural areas in the United States. Introduction of cellular radio; Growth of mobile telephony; Participation of rural telecommunications providers in personal communications service (PCS) auctions; Focus of rural telecommunications providers on partitioning.
- The Road to 3G for Rural Telcos. Prendergast, John; Weingardt, Brent H.; Murphy, Rebecca L. // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Provides information on the impact of third generation (3G) wireless services on rural telecommunication in the United States. Definition of 3G mobile; Capability and speed of the spectrum; Need to develop a single technical standard for the spectrum; How a rural telecommunication company can...
- Rural Carriers Moving Slowly on WNP. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;8/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p6
Deals with the slow implementation of wireless number portability (WNP) among small and rural wireless communication carriers in the United States. Reasons behind the slow WNP implementation among rural carriers according to Jan Opie, product development manager for Golden State Cellular;...
- Rural carriers quietly add subs. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p40
Reports on the wireless communications services offered by rural telecommunication companies in the United States.