An Education In Tower Building
- Salt Lake City's digital-ready. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p40
Reports on the digital readiness of the Salt Lake City, Utah with the operation of its $6.8 million television tower, which was built by a consortium of eight local stations. Keeping signals from interfering with one another; Saving money for the stations; Digital programs offered by National...
- Joining for a steep climb. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;07/07/97, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p5
Focuses on the American television industry's problem of where to put huge broadcast antennae and towers needed for digital broadcasting. Cost of the towers; Possible public opposition to the towers; Exploration of the idea of a master tower at the World Trade Center or the Empire State building.
- DTV answer is a tall order. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on developments related to digital television (DTV) in Chicago, Illinois, as of October 25, 1999. Television stations' difficulty in finding locations for their planned DTV antennas.
- KLTV Tower Back Up. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);4/19/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on KLTV's completion of a tower to replace the one that collapsed on February 3, 2006.
- Fire Sends Moscow TV Players Scrambling. Zolotov Jr., Andrei // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in Moscow, Russia, as of September 4, 2000. Impact of the August 2000 fire which destroyed the Ostankino Tower on the industry; Television networks' failure to broadcast their signals.
- Utility Wants Fee Hike Before Court Rules. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;03/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p10
Reports that cable operators in Georgia are claiming that they are being pressed into signing blank-check agreements in order to proceed with plant upgrades. Anticipation of the United States Supreme Court's ruling on whether pole-attachment rates should be unregulated; Gulf Power Co.'s...
- COMING SOON TO A VIEW NEAR YOU. // Keystone Outdoors;Winter2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the environmental impact of cellular telephone towers. Effect on low-flying migrant birds; Health effects of electromagnetic fields; Information on a related Web site.
- NY stations unite in tower site search. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p2
Reports the efforts of television stations in finding a permanent location for antenna tower in New York. Appointment of Doug Land as executive director of Metropolitan Television Association; List of stations affected in the collapsed of the World Trade Center; Views of Land on relocating...
- Mt. Sutro project. Bloomfield, Larry // Broadcast Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the impact of the television channel assignment problem in the United States on the Mount Sutro Tower project in San Francisco, California. Impossibility for Sutro Tower to buy any radio frequency equipment; Delay of the completion of the project.