Protecting Privacy: Who Is Responsible?
- CTIA Super Mobility Week Has Retail Focus. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p4
The article offers information on the CTIA Super Mobility Week convention and exhibition to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada in September 2014.
- CTIA Expects Rebound At 25th Anniversary Show. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/8/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
The article mentions the silver anniversary of CTIA-The Wireless Association, which has been in the wireless industry trade for 25 years.
- D.C. notes. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on government policy on wireless communications in the United States. Congressional initiatives concerning the telecommunications industry; Challenges affecting government policy on wireless communications; Recommendations for wireless communications policy.
- From the top. Eby, Deborah // America's Network;3/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the US Congress's order to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to find 200 megahertz of government spectrum to auction for private use over the next 15 years. Reallocation of 50 megahertz; Politically potent players in the private sector; Companies...
- Clinton encryption policy could prove to be costly. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p14
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton's administration encryption policy could force wireless firms to use scrambling products that are more expensive and less secure. What affect encryption has on the wireless telecommunications industry; Projected type of wireless and wireline...
- CTIA seeks FCC opinion on local, state authority over sites, fees. R. E. // Electronic Design;04/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the alleged abusive activities by the United States government when wielding their regulatory authority over matters of wireless systems sites and fees. Includes unreasonable taxation; Radio-frequency (RF) environmental impact; RF emissions.
- Congress aims to tighten laws on wireless privacy and... Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/31/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p3
Reports that a bill to tighten legislation on wireless privacy and security is expected to be sponsored by House telecommunications subcommittee Chairman, Billy Tauzin. Aims of the legislation if passed; Claims that digital cellular security is weak; Benefits of a bill introduced by Senator Jon...
- What the wireless revolution means. Kreines, Ted // Planning;Dec96, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p10
Examines review procedures used by city and county governments for issuing permits for wireless communications facilities in the United States. Advantage of the zoning ordinance approach; Review of applications in bulk; Use of guidelines for reviewing cell site applications; Value of the...
- Some telecom act provisions push wireless industry to courts. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p27
Focuses on the effect of the telecommunications act on the wireless telecommunications industry in the United States. When the act was signed into law; Details on the telecommunications act; Changes bought about in the industry as a result of the act.