Leap Serves Up Slice Of Chattanooga
- Cricket Copycats On The Make. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reveals why other wireless carriers in the United States are copying the so-called all-you-can-eat wireless offerings of the San Diego, California-based Leap Wireless International Incorporated. Remarks from carriers about their flat-rate calling plans; Leap's largest market.
- YOUR TAKE. // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p30
Reports the survey on the spectrum-starved wireless operator in the purchase of Leap Wireless assets. Absence of business plans for Leap; Prediction on the fate of Leap Wireless; Recovery of the company from bankruptcy.
- Leap reports earnings. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on Leap Wireless Inc.'s announcement that it posted first quarter earnings of $208,000 and added about 20,500 new customers in 1999.
- San Diego firm buys wireless communications license in SLC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/19/99, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p5
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc. as the highest bidder on wireless communications licenses.
- Leap Puts Slice On Hold. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p19
Reports on the decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. to hold the market release of its product Slice, as of November 2001. Reason for the decision of the company; Details of the service provided by the firm; Description of the product.
- Leap launches in Michigan markets. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. launched its Cricket wireless service in Battle Creek-Kalamazoo, Flint and Jackson, Michigan.
- Leap acquires licenses. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p36
Reports on Leap Wireless Inc.'s acquisition of wireless operating licenses in Omaha, Nebraska and definitive agreement to acquire other licenses in Peoria, Illinois.
- Leap launches wireless service in two markets. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p23
Reports on the launch of Leap Wireless International Inc.'s Cricket Comfortable Wireless service, a flat-rate local wireless service plan in Little Rock, Arkansas and Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Leap launches service in Nashville. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p25
Reports the launching of Cricket wireless service that allows customers to purchase wireless service in advance without signing a contract or passing credit checks by Leap Wireless International Inc. in Nashville, Tennessee.
- It 'Slices,' it dices, it's data. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p6
Reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. launch its wireless voice service in Tennessee in 2001. Purpose of the service; Features of the service; Price plans for customers who want to avail of the service.