Relocating DOD Worries Lawmaker
- Kids Held Captive In Saudi Arabia. Maier, Timothy W. // Insight on the News;7/15/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p20
Deals with the plan of U.S. Representative Dan Burton (R-Ind.) to persuade President George W. Bush to take action against Saudi Arabian kidnappers who held U.S. children captive. Factors which influenced his decision to call for government action on the issue; Number of known cases of children...
- Your tax dollars at work: Was al Qaeda at OK City? Bedard, Paul; Kaplan, David E.; Mazzetti, Mark // U.S. News & World Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 15, p6
Discusses allegations by U.S. Representative Dan Burton that Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was tied to Islamic terrorists. Barton's investigation of the alleged link; Reaction to his suspicions.
- Dan Burton: What Club Wouldn't Want Him? Decker, Jonathan P. // Fortune;6/7/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 11, p36
Mentions Representative Dan Burton's (R-Ind.) sponsorship of legislation to protect the earnings of golf caddies from the United States Internal Revenue Service. Provisions of the Caddie Relief Act of 1999; Burton's claims of the impact of taxation on caddies and on golf.
- EXCERPTS FROM THE HILLS CONGRESS BLOG. // Hill;5/1/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 54, p22
The article presents excerpts of blog from U.S. Representatives such as one from Dan Durton on the hearings on the scandal of the Government Services Administration (GSA) and one from Gerry Connolly on the waste of money on the Western Regions Conference of GSA.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.