- Upgrading New Zealand's rural network. Smith, Ray // Telecom Asia;Jul96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on telecommunication services provided by Telecom New Zealand in rural areas of New Zealand. Challenges in the rural telecommunication program; Impact of telecommunication deregulation on the company; Farmers as some of the most demanding customers.
- New Zealand's Anti-competitive Crackdown. Griggs, Kim // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p78
Reports on the efforts by New Zealand's government to fight anti-competitive practices of the telecommunication industry. Charges against Telecom Corp.; Arguments by Telecom against the charges; Plan of the government for penalty imposed to companies that are found to have acted anti-competitively.
- A word in your ear. Beishon, Marc // Director;Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p93
Looks at Telecom company's Free2Talk free telephone service in Great Britain. How it works; Comments from Joshua Sayles, managing director of Telecom; Partnership with other telecommunication firms; Service tests; Projected customer base.
- Telecom threatened with fines. Halilović, Emir // Prague Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Reports the financial threats of Czech Telecommunication Office (ÄŒTÚ) and Office for Protection of Economic Competition to Telecom. Introduction of a tariff without call credit; Demand from the telecommunications law; Accusation by David StÃ¡dník, a head of ÄŒTÃš.
- Telecom Besieged. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1998, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p48
Discusses the risks facing the telecommunication company Telecom New Zealand. Initiatives launch by the company; How competition is affecting the company; Conflict of the company with politicians.
- The Internet--more, faster and cheaper. // New Zealand Management;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p23
Reports on Telecom Corp.'s launch of the Southern Cross Cable telecommunication project that stretches from the United States to Australia. Cable's length; Other companies with investments in the venture.
- Telecom targets strong growth. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p48
Reports on the expansion of New Zealand-based telecommunication company Telecom Corp. Goal to expands its horizon and penetrate the telecommunications market in Australasia; Plans to increase its capital spending; Reactions from investors.
- The telecom of sport. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p24
Deals with the strategy of sports sponsorship employed by telecommunications companies. Communications as a critical component of sporting events; Corporate sponsors for Auckland, New Zealand's Americas Cup 2000; Use of wireless technology by Ericsson and Telecom New Zealand. INSETS: Sonera...
- Telstra, Telecom NZ losing momentum in Asia's markets. // Telecom Asia;Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p18
Reports that Telecom Australia (Telstra) and Telecom New Zealand (Telecom NZ) are experiencing setbacks in Asia in their investment strategies. Proposal for new ventures in Vietnam and projects in Indonesia and India; Telstra's inability to build on relationships in Cambodia and Laos; License to...