Voting on a social contract
- The Canadian Medical Foundation strategic plan charts course toward a healthier physician. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/16/2012 Best Practice Supplement, p1
The article discusses the strategic plan charts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) regarding health of physicians.
- How you can get involved in the CMA! Araujo, Cherise // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2014, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p427
In this article Canadian physicians are requested to hold positions in the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) for promoting health standard and health care for Canadians.
- New CMA president tackles demographic issues. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/8/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p866
The article highlights the agenda of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president, Doctor Cindy Forbes, to tackle demographic-related health care issues. Among the focus areas of Forbes are seniors' health care, professionalism, pharmacare and medicinal marijuana, nurturing of young physicians....
- Physician, heal thyself too, CMA's new MD-health guide advises. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p884
Reviews the book 'CMA Guide to Physician Health and Well-Being,' by the Canadian Medical Association.
- An estimate of the cost of burnout on early retirement and reduction in clinical hours of practicing physicians in Canada. Dewa, Carolyn S.; Jacobs, Philip; Nguyen Xuan Thanh; Loong, Desmond // BMC Health Services Research;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p233
Background Interest in the impact of burnout on physicians has been growing because of the possible burden this may have on health care systems. The objective of this study is to estimate the cost of burnout on early retirement and reduction in clinical hours of practicing physicians in Canada....
- Perfil epidemiolÃ³gico de la infecciÃ³n por el virus de la influenza A H1N1 en un hospital de concentraciÃ³n de la SecretarÃ de Salud del Distrito Federal. Islas, Inés López; Ortega, Ana María Solís; Santiago, Verónica López; Rivas, Doris Lilián García; Nuevo, José Juan Lozano // Medicina Interna de Mexico;mar/abr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p123
Background: In March 2009 was reported in Mexico City the infection of influenza A H1N1 since that time continues to affect patients of working age and is still fatal when medical care is delayed. Objective: To determine the epidemiological profile of the infection of influenza A H1N1 in a...
- Physician mentor thyself. Miller, Linda // Coaching at Work;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
The article discusses the highlights of the International Conference on Physician Health held in London, England on September 15-17, 2014. With the theme "Milestones and Transitions: Maintaining the Balance," the conference was a collaboration between the British, American, and Canadian Medical...
- Rural Medicine, Part II. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Oct2010, Vol. 34 Issue 214, p88
The article highlights the results of a survey by the Canadian Medical Association which show that over 80 percent of the 2,000 rural physicians in 2008 and 2009 chose rural medicine for the lifestyle and because it offered them the opportunity to use their full skill set.
- CMA ANNOUNCES 2015 AWARD WINNERS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/14/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p772
The article announces the awardees for the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) 2015 Awards including Michael Kaufmann as the 2015 Physician Misericordia Award, Norman Campbell for the Frederic Newton Gisborne Starr Award and the Award for Excellence in Health Promotion presented to the Norlien...