Ten ways to save lives
- Health Care Reform: Still Possible. Emanuel, Ezekiel // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p32
Presents several propositions for health care reform in the U.S. Attitude of doctors and patients toward the health care system; Increase in health care costs; Details of the increasing number of uninsured U.S. citizens; Need for retaining a private health care delivery system.
- Restore TLC to Healthcare. Rubin, Irwin M. // Management Review;Feb93, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p63
Highlights the need for compassion to 'heal' the U.S. healthcare system. Author's first-hand experience of the 'shameful' state of the healthcare system; Restoration of sense of humanity beginning in the medical classroom; Call for President Bill Clinton to restore TLC to healthcare.
- Healthcare reform takes front and center on Capitol Hill. Budzick, Jamie // Managed Healthcare;Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the healthcare system in the United States. Information on President Bill Clinton's visit to Capitol Hill to rally support for the Democrats' Patients' Bill of Rights legislation; Coverage of the bill; Details on the proposals presented by two political parties about the healthcare...
- Context and catalysts for change in health care markets. Lichiello, Patricial; Madden, Carolyn W. // Health Affairs;Summer1996, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p121
Discusses the interaction of the characteristics and culture of communities in the United States with market conditions to influence the magnitude, direction and sustainability of health system change. Importance of context to the process of change; Consequences of proposed market activities;...
- MSA deal may clear way for reform bill. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;7/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the agreement between the Republican and Democrat legislators on a pilot program to spur the growth of medical savings accounts (MSA). Authors of the plan; Contentious issues to be resolved before a final vote; Overview of the program.
- HEALTHCARE SYSTEM REFORM. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);6/22/2001, p1
Reports on the healthcare system reform in the United States. Motivation of people to stay well; National health policy.
- `Health security express' prods Congress for reform. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/1/94, Vol. 98 Issue 31, p4
Reports on efforts by the Health Security Express organization to push for health care reform in the United States. Caravan to express the group's message of health care reform; Support from First Lady Hillary Clinton.
- Cooperation, Cost Control and Consumer Focus Are Critical Challenges for Health Care. // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p38
Outlines guidelines for the improvement of health care system in the United States. Resolution of tensions between the needs of patient and population; Role of physicians in health care reform; Cooperation between clinician and health care providers; Importance of measurement and report on...
- HEALTH CARE SYSTEM REFORM. // Ardell Wellness Report;Fall2001, Issue 60, p2
Focuses on health care system reform in the United States as of September 2001.
- Practitioner response. Meyer, Donna M. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Sep/Oct1998, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p424
Discusses the impact of the changes in society on the way charity care is addressed in the United States. How health and welfare reform initiatives are changing the focus of health care systems; Discussion on successful program planning; Details on the Sisters of Charity Health Care System.