Ontario takes aim at painkiller abuse
- Pain and Progress. GRENS, KERRY // Scientist;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the possible development of nonaddictive opioid painkillers in the U.S. It mentions their positive effect in relieving pain but raise feelings of euphoria leading to strong desire and addiction. It also notes the approval of the opioid and oxycodone delayed-release...
- FDA Panel Wants Stronger REMS for Opioids. // BioWorld Today;7/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 142, p5
The article reports on the decision of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory panel to reject a classwide risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS) plan proposed by the agency for extended-release and long-acting opioids. According to the panel, the plan was too weak to prevent...
- First methamphetamine prevention conference draws 60 employees. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p20
The article discusses the highlights of the first methamphetamine prevention conference, which was attended by more than 60 employees from the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation in Pendleton, Oregon in 2013.
- Prison alternative saves more than $1 M, LaWall says. // Inside Tucson Business;
The article reports on the statement of Pima County Attorney Barbara LaWall that its Drug Treatment Alternative to Prison program in Arizona brought significant savings of more than $1 million in the first 30 months of operation.
- Drug dealers need to be stopped. Curotte-Ryder, Eric // Eastern Door;10/22/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p9
In this article the author argues on how to make Kahnawake, Quebec a drug free community.
- Lock Out Drugs. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);3/15/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p1
The article highlights the 2007 Lock In event, which focused on the dangers of drugs, held for the elementary third and fourth graders in East Bernard (EB), Texas and sponsored by the EB Elementary PTO.
- Tackling drug use a beneficial step. // Graham Leader;6/6/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 85, p4A
The author reflects on the steps that Graham city and Young County in Texas are taking to eradicate illegal drug addiction despite tight budget, in which Young County has purchased a drug dog courtesy of the citizens and Graham city which hired Jim Reeves to oversee drug investigations.
- Canton school students pleged to sock it to drugs. // Jackson Advocate;11/4/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p6A
A photograph of students at Canton Elementary School in Canton, Mississippi raising drug awareness through socks is presented.
- Task force advancing efforts to curb drug crisis. HINCH, RICHARD // New Hampshire Business Review;1/8/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p21
The article offers the author's view on the created task force to fight against drug addiction in New Hampshire. The author states that the force provides the focused and detailed attention to the drug crisis and find avenues to fight the crisis in a responsible manner. The author mentions that...