Two-way Providers Pare Positions
- Metrocall Re-evaluates Merger. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Metrocall Inc. is seeking to renegotiate the terms of its planned merger with two-way wireless messaging rival WebLink Wireless Incorporated. Action taken by WebLink that disappointed Metrocall shareholders; Factor that will affect the outcome of the merger plan; What attracted...
- Flying High Once Again? Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increase in the subscriber base of paging carriers in the United States in 2000 due to the two-way messaging services of these companies. Year-end goal of WebLink Wireless for its two-way subscriber net; Opinion on the Motorola T900 device; Two-way devices Metrocall Inc. expected...
- ReFlex Carriers Grow Devices, WebLink To Step Up Distribution. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/7/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p30
The article reports on the plans of ReFLEX-network messaging carriers -- SkyTel, Metrocall and WebLink Wireless -- to launch at least five keyboard-equipped devices in the U.S. enterprise market. The devices are the first ReFLEX models manufactured by companies other than Motorola, which shipped...
- New WebLink messaging offering targets youth. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p44
Highlights WebLink Wireless Inc.'s move to target teenagers and under 30-year olds with a two-way messaging and electronic-mail service it plans to debut in summer 2000.
- Lines between messaging and wireless data blur. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the declining differences between wireless data and wireless messaging services as shown by the services of WebLink Wireless Inc. Development of technology allowing two-way devices operating on wireless networks; Description of the company's wireless services; Client using WebLink's...
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p30
Covers news briefs on wireless communication industry as of April 16, 2001. Release of the Raven II CDPD modem by AirLink Communications Inc.; Features and how the WebLink Wireless Inc. uses the Xap.com information Web site.
- Metrocall, WebLink plan unprecedented merger. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Metrocall Inc. and WebLink Wireless Inc. announced a plan to merge by filing for bankruptcy in the United States as of April 2001. Benefit of the merger to their business; Conditions of the merger.
- Surviving And Emerging From Bankruptcy. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the planned merger of WebLink Wireless Inc. with Metrocall Inc. Value of the proposed merger; Terms of the agreement; Implications of the move.
- Chances faint for WebLink-Metrocall connection. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the withdrawal of Metrocall's merger agreement with WebLink Wireless Inc. in May 2001. Reasons for Metrocall's move; Financial situation of WebLink.