Nokia Contemplates Handset Rescue
- Third generation growing pains. Berendt, Annelise; McClure, Ben // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on challenges facing the adoption of new cellular telephone standards in Europe. Case example of plans to adopt the code division multiple access (CDMA); Evolution of the market according to developments from cellular telephone players.
- Political fights remain among 3G players. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the agreement to pursue a tri-mode Code Division Multiple Access third-generation standard. Encompassing of direct sequence, multi-carrier and Time Division Duplex versions of code division multiple access technology; Infighting among the players.
- CDMA could overtake GSM cellular. Jodoin, Ray // Electronic News;11/11/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2142, p12
Reports that the CDMA air interface developed by San Diego, California-based Qualcomm could rapidly approach the GSM standard's volumes. CDMA's share of the digital cellular market in the United States; CDMA's promise of increased subscriber count; Reason for the existence of only one supplier...
- Airing the standards debate. Shankar, Bhawani // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on the battle between the global systems for mobile (GSM) communication and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA IS-95) mobile telephone standards. Hesitance of mobile telephone operators to commit to one cellular system; Reasons behind the early adoption of GSM; Use of CDMA in military...
- NOKIA EXPANDS MESSAGING PLATFORM FOR WAP MOBILE INTERNET. // Computer Protocols;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Reports that Nokia has announced the extension of its Nokia Artuse Messaging Platform to support CDMA networks.
- Nokia expands W-CDMA range. // Telecom Asia;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p28
Reports the expansion of the W-CDMA product portfolio of Nokia. Introduction of four products designed to enhance and optimize third generation services; Features of the products; Benefits of the products.
- Nokia For Plan To Unify 3rd Generation Mobile Comm Standards. // Tele-Service News;Jul99, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Nokia has announced its support for a framework which would provide a single wideband code division multiple access (CDMA) standard, harmonizing both WCDMA and cdma2000 systems. Modes consisting the unified global Wideband CDMA third generation standard; Remarks from Professor Yrjo...
- Nokia goes for CDMA expansion in 2003. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the Nokia's focus on the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) growth. Comments of Jorma Ollila, chairman of Nokia, on the CDMA portfolio of the company; Weakness of Nokia in terms of CDMA; Overview on the company's financial performance for 2002.
- Nokia's Artuse Messaging Solution To Support CDMA. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p42
Reports that Nokia Corp. has announced its Artuse Messaging Platform compliant with the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology.