Small Carriers Post Big Gains
- Subscriber Adds Beat Expectations. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p27
Provides information on several small wireless carriers that posted gains in the fourth quarter of 2000. Leap Wireless International Inc.; Alamosa PCS company; Dobson Communications Corp.
- Carrier news. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p14
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless industry as of April 21, 2003. Increase in the number of subscribers of Alamosa Holdings Inc. during the first quarter of 2003; Number of net subscribers added by Dobson Communications Corp. in the first quarter.
- Downturn Doesn't Affect Demand. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p32
Reports on increase in demand for wireless services despite an economic downturn in the United States as of April 2001. Increase in subscribers of Cingular Wireless, Leap Wireless and Dobson Communications.
- FINANCIAL. // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p15
The article offers news briefs related to the financial status of wireless communication companies in the U.S. Leap Wireless International Inc. nearly tripled its net customer additions during the first quarter of 2007. Regional carrier SunCom Wireless Holdings Inc. reported mixed metrics for...
- U.S. Carriers-Second Tier. // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on a number of U.S. wireless communications providers based on the number of subscribers for year-end 2002. Alltel Corp.; United States Cellular Corp.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; Western Wireless Corp.
- Carrier earnings a mixed bag. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the results of the 2000 fourth quarter earnings of wireless communication operators in the United States, including VoiceStream Wireless Inc., Western Wireless Corp. and Leap Wireless International Inc.
- U.S. Carriers--Second Tier. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p16
Presents a list of top regional wireless operators in the U.S. as of 2002. Alltel Corp.; United States Cellular Corp.; Western Wireless Corp.; Leap Wireless International Inc.
- Regional carriers put up strong customer growth. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p16
Presents an update on the number of customers posted in the first quarter results of regional wireless operators in the U.S. as of May 2005. Plan of Western Wireless Corp. to sell its international operations; Comparison of the net customer additions of SunCom Wireless Holdings Inc. in the...
- 2nd Tier Carriers. // RCR Wireless News;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p12
Presents an update on the wireless industry as of May 2005. Acquisition deal between Alamosa Holdings and AirGate PCS; Reorganization of IWO Holdings Inc.; Revenue of Leap Wireless International Inc. in the first three quarters of 2003.