Regulatory colleges to set painkiller guidelines
- One out of Three Prescriptions Are Never Filled. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;8/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p119
The article reports that Danish Medicines Agency registers all prescriptions from all doctors and pharmacies in the entire nation which are accessible by treating physicians in Denmark.
- Some patterns of prescribing by urban general practitioners. McGavock, Hugh // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/26/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6626, p900
Focuses on the practices of physicians in prescribing in Northern Ireland. Cost of symptomatic and systemic drugs; Patterns of prescription among physicians with high cost practices; Diseases treated with high cost practices.
- Putting a stop to unreasonable requests. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;07/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p105
Presents a physician's advice on how to deal with requests from patients for a prescription for a new mattress and other things because Medicaid and Medicare will pay for such items. Need to educate patients and health care providers about the practice.
- Human rights complaint filed against Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons over methadone program. Garmaise, David // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;May2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on the complaint filed by Dr Philip Berger, chief of family and community medicine at St. Michael's hospital against Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons over the methadone program. In his complaints filed to the Ontario Human Rights Tibunal, Dr. Berger demanded to stop...
- The Development of the Washington State Emergency Department Opioid Prescribing Guidelines. Neven, Darin; Sabel, Jennifer; Howell, Donelle; Carlisle, Russell // Journal of Medical Toxicology;Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p353
The article presents information regarding the development of opioid prescribing guidelines by Washington State Emergency Department, Washington. It informs that Washington chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians (WA-ACEP) was chosen for preparing guidelines as it was the leading...
- Systematic reviews: a basis for clinical decision making. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;4/26/2003, Vol. 152 Issue 17, p517
Focuses on the need to reevaluate the prescriptions and proscriptions of veterinary surgeons and medical practitioners in Great Britain according to a meeting of evidence-based medical experts in England. Significance for veterinarians to review reliable evidence to help them inform their...
- MIMS prescribing quiz. // GP: General Practitioner;6/20/2008, p28
A quiz concerning the prescription references for general practice (GP) in Great Britain is presented.
- What can PACT tell us about prescribing in general practice? Majeed, Azeem; Evans, Norman; Head, Paula // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/06/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7121, p1515
Provides information on prescribing analyses and cost (PACT), as the main source of information on general practitioners' prescribing in Great Britain. Information available from Prescription Prescribing Authority; Units of analysis and levels of PACT data; prescribing indicators commonly used...
- How consumer ads have affected prescribing patterns. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;06/23/97, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p30
Looks at the effect of direct-to-consumer advertisements for prescription drugs on the doctor-patient relationship. Results of a poll on doctors, by Scott-Levin company.