Omaha Mayor Hal Daub Facing Tough Battle for Political Survival
- Hal Daub. // Human Events;12/9/94, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p18
Informs about the luncheon meeting between former Nebraska Representative Hal Daub and the political reporter of Human Events. Major points of discussion; Career profile of Hal Daub; Daub's candidacy for mayorship of Omaha; His views on public policy.
- `Mr. Mayor!' // Human Events;12/30/94, Vol. 50 Issue 50, p17
Reports the election of Republican Hal Daub as mayor of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Omaha revives $275 million convention center project. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30442, p3
Reports that Omaha Mayor Hal Daub has revived the convention center project. Project's appropriation under the annual budget of the city; Competition with other Midwest cities for the convention business; Mayor's proposal to sell bonds for the project.
- Omaha Mayor Rejects City Council's Budget. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30724, p2
Reports that Omaha Mayor Hal Daub has rejected the city council's budget proposal. Reasons for vetoing several provisions.
- A high-tech future. // Human Events;12/9/94, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p18
Presents views of former Neraska Rep. and Omaha mayoral candidate, Hal Daub, on his vision of Omaha's future. Victory of former State Republican Chairman Kermit Brashear II for an Omaha seat in the unicameral legislature of the Cornhusker State.
- Daub on a roll. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/21/97, Vol. 53 Issue 44, p16
Reports on Omaha, Nebraska, Mayor Hal Daub's style of handling issues affecting the city. Daub's image as a mayor; Daub's handling of a natural disaster; Daub's political plans.
- Omaha mayor seeks stadium financing plan. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p3
Reports that Omaha, Nebraska Mayor Hal Daub is formulating a financing plan for a proposed convention center and arena requiring up to $190 million of bonds. Rejection of a bill that would have allowed the city to hold a referendum on a sales-tax hike to back bonds for the project;...
- Omaha city council rethinks measure blocking convention center project. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30802, p4
Deals with the Omaha City Council's reconsideration of an amendment that would have temporarily blocked the construction of a convention center-arena in that part of Nebraska. Consequences of the amendment; Private donation process; Support of Omaha Mayor Hal Daub.
- Taxes and crime. // Human Events;12/9/94, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p18
Discusses the attention given to tax and crime related issues in the mayoral race in Omaha. Mayoral candidate Hal Daub's comments on taxes and crime rate in Omaha.