S.C. Pioneer in Student Loan Industry Set to Issue $400 Million
- S.C. Links Yields to CP Rates In Student Loan Market First. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p1
Reports on the South Carolina Student Loan Corp.'s sale of taxable bonds indexed to three-month commercial paper rates, a first in the United States student loan industry. High yields offered to investors for a triple-A rated security; Floating-rate notes' finance of a portfolio of student loans.
- William Mackie Jr., South Carolina Student Loan Corp. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p70
Features the South Carolina Student Loan Corp. Offer of student loan programs; Company history; Company staff; Ratings from credit agencies; Bond issuance for 2001.
- South Carolina Tests Market for Bonds Backed by (Rehab) FFELP. Bisbey, Allison // Structuredfinancenews.com;11/13/2015, p1
South Carolina Student Loan Corp. (Series 2015-A) is backed by a mix of $203.84 million of private student loans and $46.53 million of FFELP loans; only 31.9% of the FFELP loans are current.
- More Than Just Student Loans: Expanding Access to Higher Education. Sanders Jr., Charlie C. // South Carolina Business;Aug2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p7
The article presents the author's comment on South Carolina Student Loan Corp. (SCSL), a private, non-profit entity to administer the federal Family Education Loan Program in South Carolina. The author says that education is the foundation, not only for individual success but for the economic...
- Tennessee, South Carolina Take First Student Loan Trips This Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p1
Reports the selling of student loan corporation bonds in the U.S. Prices of the bonds sold by Tennessee's Educational Funding of the South and the South Carolina Student Loan Corp.; Role of William R. Hough & Co. (WRH) as book-runner of the deals; Difference between the deals explained by WRH...
- Treasury Details Quarterly Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p2
Reports on the decline in quarter refunding in Washington. Offer of notes to refund privately held notes and bonds; Auctions of securities.
- San Diego Gets More Bad News as Fitch Lowers GOs to A From AA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p3
Reports on the downgrade of San Diego, California's general obligation debt. Bond and pension disclosure problems of the city.
- A still Secretive Bond Market. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p11
Focuses on attempts to increase corporate bond aftermarket pricing transparency. Reforms being pushed by the New York Stock Exchange.
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p31
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of June 22, 1999. Includes Denver, Colorado's Regional Transportation District's bond election; Standard & Poor's downgrade of Denison Hospital Authority's bonds; Requests for issuance approved by the Texas...