SOAR Problems Not a Threat, Officials Say
- CIPFA annual conference. // Accountancy;Jun81, Vol. 92 Issue 1054, p7
Reports on speakers at the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) annual conference. Theme of the conference.
- Diary. // Public Finance;3/18/94, p4
Presents a calendar of activities related to the accounting profession in Great Britain from March 22 to April 27, 1994. Seminars by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy; Centre for the Study of Regulated Industries and the Royal Statistical Society.
- Diary. // Public Finance;4/21/95, p4
Lists accountancy and public finance conferences, meetings and special events in Great Britain scheduled for April and May 1995. Scottish Students' Society Seminar in Edinburgh on April 26; Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy Treasurers' Update in London on April 25; Seminar...
- Scots told to start capital accounting. // Public Finance;6/24/94, p3
Reports on the savings that may accrue to councils in Scotland through the development of a new system contained in the Accounting Code of Practice. Endorsement of system by Local Authority Scotland Accounts Advisory Committee (LASAAC); Introduction of system in two phases.
- TABLE IFS-2.–Selected U.S. Liabilities to Foreigners. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2003, p62
Presents a chart showing selected U.S. liabilities to foreigners as of December 2002. Liabilities reported by banks in the country; Marketable U.S. Treasury bonds and notes; Liabilities to banks.
- The truth about federal accounting practices. Weinberg, Sheila // Hill;11/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p23
The article comments on the need for the federal government of the U.S. to follow transparent accounting practices.
- Speeding up government collections. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p122
Offers tips on how to speed up government collections. Includes knowing the person responsible for cutting the check; Raising prices by 11% to cover the cost of factoring; Shipment of the final product through an express service.
- Resource accounting and budgeting. // Financial Management;Jun2005, p32
Discusses the impact of resource accounting and budgeting (RAB) on the devolved institutions in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Introduction of RAB as a replacement for traditional cash-based accounting; Aim of the devolved program to improve political responsiveness to the public; History...
- Pre-Budget report links. // Accountancy;Nov2007, Vol. 140 Issue 1371, p94
The article lists two pages on the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) web site offering information relevant to the British government's Pre-Budget Report.