Inventories, Sales Both Fall in March
- Business Sales Up, As Well as Inventories. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p2
Reports business inventories in Washington.
- Low-Tech Inventory Control. // Catalog Age;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p45
Suggests ways of improving inventory control and better communication with vendors.
- Forecasting The Bottom Line. Holmes, Robert // Machine Design;10/19/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 20, p92
Discusses the benefits of using inventory management systems in tracking down operational costs of production companies. Available technologies for tracking and reporting operational costs; Features and capabilities of inventory management systems.
- Chapter 6: Inventory. Fishman, Stephen // Deduct It!;2014, p135
The article discusses the various aspects of business inventory. An overview about the definition of inventory and the items involved in it, such as long-term assets and incidental supplies, is provided. Details about deducting inventory costs, maintaining an inventory and determining the value...
- Get down for the count. Sowinski, Mike // Entrepreneur;May2013, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p73
The article discusses the right level of inventory for a business to maintain. The author observes that firms should always strive to have enough inventory to meet demand. For companies that always seem to have too much inventory, he recommends that they perform an inventory count every quarter....
- An unexpected discovery. Bonney, Joseph; Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the increase of the inventory levels in the logistics industry in the U.S. Influence of inventory velocity on the demand for distribution centers; Quantification of the inventory levels; Factors contributing to the increase in inventory levels. INSET: How study was conducted..
- PRODUCTION AND BUSINESS ACTIVITY. // Economic Indicators;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p17
Presents graphical and tabular data on industrial production and business activity in the U.S. in June and July 2003. Increase in industrial production and capacity utilization; Increase in manufacturing and trade sales; Decline in manufacturer's inventories and unfilled orders.
- Better Tools for Inventory Lending. MacDonald, Robert // Secured Lender;May/Jun2002, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p26
Presents two-step method to achieve good inventory collateral. Adjustment of the advance rate immediatley upon recognition of the over-advance; Use of digital data for improved inventory reporting; Advice on coping with report production problems; Tips on doing line item turnover analysis.
- Develop world-class supply practices. Frazelle, Edward H. // Transportation & Distribution;Nov98, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p45
Suggests supply master planning. Steps involve; Indicators of supply quality; What a supplier service policy should include.