Revised Revenue Forecast Forces Kansas to Make Last-Minute Budget Cuts
- In a Rare Reversal, Minnesota Deficit Forecast Falls By $209M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p4
The article reports that Minnesota's revenue forecast fell by 209 million dollars from the projected 1.2 billion dollars deficit in the current two-year budget.
- How Trenton Got Fooled by a Rosy Scenario. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the impact of recession on budget deficit in New Jersey. Tendency to overstate projected tax revenues; Reliance of New Jersey on Big Three taxes; Assessment of the performance of the corporate income tax.
- Economy Still Uncertain. // SCOR Report;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p4
Forecasts the economic situation in the U.S. in 2002. Total of tax receipts in April 2002; Predictions on budget deficit and tax revenues; Findings of G7 Group Inc.
- Maryland Board: FY '05 Revenues Will Beat Estimate by $31 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p30
Reports on the general fund revenue projections of the Maryland Board of Revenue Estimates for fiscal year 2005. Increase in revenue projected by the board; Budget deficit faced by the state in fiscal 2005; Increase in sales and use tax revenues.
- Washington Senate Eyes Budget Fix; Treasurer Warns Rans May Be Needed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p5
Focuses on a plan of the Washington state Senate to plug a project budget deficit of over a million dollars that might be released on March 4, 2003. Provisions expected in the proposal; Revenue collections forecasted by the Office of the Forecast Council; Order of a freeze in hiring employees...
- OKLAHOMA: State Shortfall Hits $729M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/5/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p9
The article reports on the revenue shortfall in the fiscal budget 2010 in Oklahoma. The State Board of Equalization reveals that the city will have a deficit of about 729.4 million dollars and the revenues in fiscal 2011 will be lower than in 2010. Governor Brad Henry states that they may use...
- WISCONSIN: Deficit Estimate Balloons. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33114, p9
The article reports on the release of dismal revenue estimates by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau in Wisconsin. The estimates boosts the state's $5 billion deficit in the current fiscal year and through the next biennial budget by another $1.6 billion to $6.6 billion. Tax revenue in fiscal 2009 is...
- Joint Implications of Consumption and Tax Smoothing. Fisher, Lance A.; Kingston, Geoffrey H. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Dec2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1101
In this paper, the joint hypotheses of consumption and tax smoothing are shown to imply that the present value of expected proportionate declines in government non-interest outlays is approximately equal to a log-linear function of the budget deficit and private dissaving. In this exact linear...
- OPM doubles deficit outlook. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/13/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p7
The article reports that the Connecticut Office of Policy and Management (OPM) has been expecting $300 million and more as its estimate of the state's projected deficit in the current fiscal year of 2008. It expects, among which, a $75 million decrease in expected personal income tax revenue, a...