After a Close Call, S&P Sees Promise in ACA's A-Rated Future
- Fitch, S&P Put ACA On Negative Watch. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports that Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's have placed ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s insurer financial strength rating on rating watch negative. Capital concerns and the company's lack of a much-anticipated initial public offering; Decision of Standard & Poor's to put ACA's financial...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p2
A correction to the article regarding the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- ACA Asks Florida Bridge Agency's Bondholders to Help Avoid Default. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33386, p6
The article reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. urged the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority to help its bondholders avoid payment default in Bradenton, Florida.
- ACA Conference Call to Address S&P Action. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p5
Reports on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plans to hold a conference on January 5, 2001, to address Standard & Poor's decision to place the insurance firm on CreditWatch because the bond insurer failed to raise additional capital.
- ACA to Investors: Agreements Keeping Capitalization Program on Track. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p5
Reports the progress of the capitalization program of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp in the United States. Negotiation with ACE American Insurance Co. for an excess-of-loss reinsurance soft-capital facility; Schedule for the completion of the program; Utilization of generally accepted accounting...
- WTC Neighbors ACA, FGIC Back to Work. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31232, p1
Reports the reoperation of the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. after the terrorism attack in New York, New York. Focus on the reorganization of the systems, communications and data retrieval; Temporary arrangements of the employees to other sister companies; Provision of counselling to the employees.
- ACA Financial Guaranty Receives Investors' $45 Million in New Capital. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p6
Reports the acquisition of additional capital for the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York. Presentation of the capital sources; Sufficiency of capital in supporting the five-year business plan; Target profitability of the company under revised operating strategies.
- ACA Financial hires three new executives. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p33
Reports on the hiring of new executives by bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Positions to be filled; Job responsibilities; Previous work experiences of the executives.
- One leaves, two rise, and three join ACA Financial. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p25
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. has promoted two veteran executives to its underwriting department and added three underwriters. Reasons for the changes in the executives of the company; Strength of the underwriting department of the company.