Accused of Misusing Bond Funds, S.F. School District Searches for Safeguards
- Texas Schools Look Ahead Despite Delays in Funding Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p35
Reports that most Texas school districts are preparing bond elections to finance capital needs. Complaint of school districts on the condition of school finance in the state; Assessment of Thompson Financial regarding the planned bond elections; Schedules of bond elections conducted by various...
- Forsyth Saga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the sale of about 33 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Forsyth County, North Carolina. 23 million dollars of the offering will go to schools and the remaining debt will be public improvement bonds for capital projects in the United States. School bonds will...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p31
The article provides information about the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. The following school districts sold the bonds: Whitehall Central School District in New York, Grady County Independent School District in Oklahoma, Muskogee County Independent School District No. 3 in...
- Officials From Texas' Round Rock ISD Bring New, Smaller Package to Polls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32418, p3
The article reports on the general obligation bond package of the Round Rock Independent School District in Round Rock, Texas for 2006. The general obligation bond package amounts to about $267 million dollars which was lower than the proposed $340 million. About 62 percent Round Rock voters...
- Detroit's long-awaited $350 million school issue scheduled for this year. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p38
Reports that the Detroit Public Schools will sell up to $122 million of refunding bonds and as much as $230 million of money to pay for school construction in Detroit, Michigan. Bond rating received by the issue from Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Total worth of bonds to be...
- Indianapolis Public Schools to Decide Fate of $278 Million Issue Next Week. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32908, p28
The article reports that the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) will likely decide whether to proceed with a long-delayed $278 million bond issue that would mark the first school-related financing that would required voter approval under a new law in Indiana. The third phase of the district's...
- California school districts optimistic about bond elections. Marois, Michael B.; Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;11/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30265, p9
Reports the optimism of California school districts about the bond election on November 4, 1997. Bond questions on school borrowing in California; Opposition about Pasadena Unified School District's proposed bonding to repair schools.
- San Antonio's Northside School District Stays Ahead of the Curve. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p32
Reports the sale of Northside Independent School District school bonds in San Antonio, Texas. Dependence of the sale on interest rates of the district; Use of the bond in refinancing debt; Payment in constructing educational facilities.
- Mansfield, Tex., Voters to Consider A $180.5M School Bond Proposal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p6
Reports the poll of voters in the Mansfield Independent School District on the bond package for school funding in Texas. Need for the construction of educational facilities; Details of the general obligation bond proposal; Information on other school improvement projects.