Stand Back From the Edge
- Issuers Who Draw Down Get Favorable IRS Ruling. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that a recent ruling by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service may help issuers that 'draw down' their bond proceeds in several installments. Provisions under the ruling; Requirements for prematurely issuance of bonds; Impact of the ruling on issuers.
- Tax-exempts gain focus. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p1
Highlights a preliminary blueprint for the reorganization of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which would give more focus on tax-exempt bonds. Establishment of a tax-exempt operating division; Significant increase in the number of people and agents that would focus solely on bonds.
- Lawyers Doubt IRS Will Target Non-Settlement Deals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p4
Reports that bond lawyers are skeptical that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will launch an auditing effort of issuers that are not covered by federal yield-burning settlements. Issues that IRS might prioritize; Comments of Charles Anderson, the IRS manager of field operations...
- Arizona School Board Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth; Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p1
Reports on the plan of the Arizona School Facilities Board to sell multimillion-dollar revenue bonds and certificates of participation. Purpose of the planned sale; Reference to a private-letter ruling received by the board from the Internal Revenue Service; Comments of Grant Hamill, director at...
- IRS to Audit Hundreds of BAB Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33324, p1
The article offers information on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit one in two Build America Bond (BAB) transactions. As a result, IRS would conduct more than 672 BAB audits on 1,345 issues totaling 104.78 billion dollars. The plan has prompted Ben Watkins, bond...
- IRS giving Florida little information in yield-burning probe. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30505, p1
Reports that Florida officials involved in yield-burning investigations claim they had little contact with federal agents since the United States Internal Revenue Service and the Securities and Exchange Commission began bond examinations in several American cities and counties early in 1998. ...
- IRS Report Details Recent Trends in Bond Issuance. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p5
The article focuses on a report from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released in the fall of 2006 which details the trends in the bond issuance market in the U.S. in recent years. According to the report, three-quarters of the new-money tax-exempt bond deals done in recent years were sales of...
- IRS Grills Firms About Pooled Bonds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;8/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31695, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service is investigating several underwriters involved in pooled bond transaction. Provisions under the Section 6700 of the tax code; Concern of IRS regarding transaction structure; Basis of investigation.
- 'Essential Government Function' Needed for Conduit Debt. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p5
The article reports that the United States Congress did not intend to give tribes access to tax-exempt bond financing according to the Internal Revenue Service. Due to this conduit Indian tribal bonds cannot finance any activity that is not essential government function. The tax code treats...