- FYI. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p14
Reports developments related to Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) and financial planning profession in the U.S. Announcement from the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board of Standards that its board of governors voted to rescind reforms being proposed earlier in 1999; Letter...
- CFP Board showdown: More fizzle than fire. // Financial Planning;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p22
Provides information on a debate on the United States Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board's practice standards at the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) national conference in San Diego in July 1998. Participants of the conference; Issues tackled at the meeting; Information on...
- Full Disclosure. Boone, Norman M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p32
This article comments on several proposed changes by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to its Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility that requires financial planners to fully disclose commissions, potential deferred sales charges, referral fees and fees for...
- Strictly Speaking. Duska, Ronald F. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the code of ethics for Certified Financial Planner designees which focuses on integrity. Story of Pinnochio; Description of integrity; Use in mathematics; Development of a conscience; Emphasis on integrity from traditional ethical theories.
- If At First You Don't Succeed... Friedman, Amy S. // LAN: Life Association News;Apr99, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p32
Reports that merger negotiations between the International Association for Financial Planning (IAFP) and the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) have resulted to the formation of Financial Planning Association (FPA). Information on the members of FPA; Reason merger talks between...
- Industry Synergy. Votava, Jr., G. Joseph // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p258
No abstract available.
- IAFP and ICFP merger approved. // Practical Accountant;Jul99, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p22
Reports that the membership of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) has approved the unification of the International Association for Financial Planning and ICFP into the Financial Planning Association effective January 1, 2000.
- ICFP BRIEFS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p12
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) and to the financial planning profession as of August 1999. Information on the 1999 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference held in Dallas, Texas; Award received by Charles G. Hughes, Jr., president of...
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p15
Presents a retrospective of the significant events involving the Institute of Certified Financial Planners in 1986. Research project des