Understanding Our Relationship with Money
- Skala Postaw Wobec PieniÄ™dzy SPP. Konstrukcja i walidacja narzÄ™dzia pomiarowego. GĄSIOROWSKA, AGATA // Polish Journal of Economic Psychology/ Psychologia Ekonomiczna;kwi2013, Issue 3, p20
Money attitudes are defined as relatively stable dispositions to emotional reactions toward money, together with the accompanying evaluations, opinions, and capabilities ascribed to money and the dispositions to certain financial behavior. This paper presents a new Polish scale to measure money...
- Making financial health an employee benefit. ALMAZAN, RENE // Inside Tucson Business;2/20/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p7
The article offers the author's insights related to financial programs for the employees. He states that according to a research, Money is the number one source of psychological stress in America, which applies to military service members and civilians. Also provided are ways on how business...
- Unintended Consequences: When Good Estate Plans Cause Bad Problems. Gallo, Jon J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p34
The author reflects on the impact which intimate relationships can have on a person's estate planning. The financial implications from a couple separating are discussed. The place in which pre-nuptial agreements play in protecting a person's estate is mentioned. Various options which investors...
- All Should Plan but Facing Need Eludes too Many. // San Diego Business Journal;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 39, pS1
The article discusses the importance of business exit planning, be it estate or charitable, noting that the planners, mortgage and acquisition attorneys, certified public accountants, and business valuation planners have respective roles in making a thoughtful plan for such a business matter.
- Incentive Trusts Don't Provide The Best Motivation. HANDLER, DVID A.; LOTHES, ALISON E. // On Wall Street;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p80
The article argues that principle trust funds are better than incentive trust funds in motivating a beneficiary of the fund. According to the author, certain factors like disabilities or different capabilities may actually defeat the intended purpose of trust funds, which is to motivate the...
- "LOW-TECH" ESTATE PLANNING TOOLS FOR NONTAXABLE ESTATES. Rogers, Michael F. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p17
The author of this article discusses the renewed interest given to two estate planning strategies, the retained-interest/life estate and the jointly titled property. Under Section 2036 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code when a person makes a gift of an asset during his or her lifetime and retains...
- Passing it on. Roybal, Joe // BEEF;Spring2007 Cow-Calf Issue, Vol. 43, p4
The article offers information about estate planning for farmers and ranchers in the U.S. It was stated that the federal estate tax exemption for 2007 and 2008 is $2 million. Minimizing estate transfer taxes is often the main goal for farmer or ranchers with large operations. One aspect of...
- Financial strategies: Why you should develop a plan. Fraley, Jeff L. // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p24
Describes a personal financial strategy process. Role of estate planning; Insurance analysis; Retirement and budget planning.
- How Trusts Work---A Primer. Platt, Harvey J. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p22
Discusses trusts, a tool for estate planning. Key reason for creating a trust; Terms and requirements for establishing a trust; Examples of trust provisions; Income taxation of trusts.