- Professor Kenn Tacchino Selected As News `Journal' Editor. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the promotion of Kenn Beam Tacchino as editor of the `Journal of Financial Service Professional,' beginning January 1, 2001. Profile on Tacchino; Awards received; Membership in several associations.
- Investing mostly in bonds means a lower lifestyle in retirement. Marotta, David John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p8
The author discusses aspects on the fear of individuals of running out of money in retirement. He asserts that the drop in the rate of returns in then stock market has also worried investors and wondered if they should put all of their investments into something safe. The author also asserts...
- Understanding Secular Bear Markets: Concerns and Strategies for Financial Planners. Solow, Kenneth R.; Kitces, Michael E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p60
The article provides advice to financial planners concerning how to advise clients in bear markets. The authors contend that the period from 2000 to 2006 is a "secular" bear market. Until the market reaches its prior S&P 500 high of 1527, the market is not in a true bull market, according to...
- The Value of Seeking Financial Advice. Marsden, Mitchell; Zick, Cathleen; Mayer, Robert // Journal of Family & Economic Issues;Dec2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p625
Retirement planning data gathered from an online survey at a large university in October 2009 are used to examine differences in a variety of retirement planning measures between people who have and have not met with a financial advisor. Problems of self-selection and endogeneity are addressed...
- Does Social Security Really Matter for Retirement Planning? Most, Bruce W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p44
Examines whether social security matters for retirement planning. Reaction of financial planners on social security; How social security reform might affect financial planning clients; General agreement among financial planners regarding social security reform.
- Ready, Set, Retire. ROSATO, DONNA; FRIED, CARLA; POPPICK, SUSIE // Money;Nov2012, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p58
An introduction is provided to a section that offers suggestions on planning for retirement. Based on information from several different financial experts and advisers, the strategies presented are based on various increments of time, including 10 years prior to retirement, five years prior to...
- IFAs the main source of advice for super fund members. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;3/21/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the survey conducted by CoreData's Post Retirement Report which shows that Non-Aligned financial planners are the primary source of advice for super fund members.
- GP Life: Save it … Put money into a myriad of markets. Livesey, Ben // GP: General Practitioner;8/12/2005, p57
This article reports that in July, the stock market was in buoyant mood, regularly hitting three-year highs in spite of the record-breaking oil price and the London terrorist atrocities. Interest in stock market investing has returned, but the consumer, the economy's engine, is nursing higher...
- The little known risk that can spoil a retirement plan. Neuman, Matt // Senior Market Advisor;Nov2011, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the risk of rate of return or order of return, the ratio of money gained or lost on an investment. According to the author, most of the financial advisor think that rate of return is what their clients need. The author argues that for the second half of their lives, clients...