Paying Attention to Strength Ratings…
- Rating Actions. // Best's Review;Jul2008, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p28
Several charts are presented that show the financial strength rating changes occurred for insurance companies in the U.S., including the rating changes for life, health, property or casualty insurers, the property or casualty ratings under review, and the financial strength ratings guide.
- Standing the Test of Time. // Best's Review;Jul2008, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p30
Several charts are presented that list the property, casualty, life and health insurers in the U.S. that obtained a financial strength rating of A for 75 and 50 years from A.M. Best as of June 30, 2008, including American Automobile Insurance Co., Seaboard Surety Co. and Alfa Mutual Insurance Co.
- Best's Rating Changes. // Best's Review;Oct2005, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p26
Presents a chart depicting the life, health, property and casualty ratings of insurance companies in the U.S. published in the September 2005 edition of the periodical "Best's Review." Details for best's financial strength ratings of the companies; Definition of each rating codes; Web site...
- Best's Rating Changes. // Best's Review;Dec2001, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p20
Presents a lists of rating changes on life/health, property/casualty and international insurers as of November 2001. Name of companies with corresponding location; Comparison between current rating and prior rating; Identification of rating action.
- Snow, Wind and Fire Poach Profits from NU's Top 100 P&C Performers. Hemenway, Chad // National Underwriter / P&C;7/23/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 24, p12
The article discusses the financial performances of the insurance companies listed in the Top 100 property and casualty insurance groups by the "National Underwriter" (NU) in the U.S. 2012. It states that net premiums written in 2011 saw an increase, but losses from catastrophes including...
- Rating Actions. // Best's Review;Apr2011, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p28
Several charts are presented on the journal's financial strength rating of various insurance companies in different sectors which include health and life insurance, casualty insurance, and property insurance.
- Best's rating changes. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the ratings of property/casualty insurers in the United States as of May 1999. Rating action on companies.
- Strategic and financial challenges place downward pressure on P/C ratings. Simpson, Eric M.; Kellogg, Peter B. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov95, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p24
Gives information on the rating of property/casualty (P/C) insurance companies by A.M. Best Co. Profiles of rating actions for P/C insurers; Rating coverage trends (1990 vs. 1995); Best's letter rating trends for P/C industry (1988-1995); P/C failure frequency (1984-1994); P/C rating...
- Best's rating changes. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Feb98, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p28
Presents a chart listing the names of property/casualty insurers who had their ratings assigned, changed or placed under review as of February 1998. Rating action; Current ratings; Prior ratings.