Still Waters Run Deep
- HMRC and foreign charities. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;06/19/2012, Issue 711, p5
The article reports that no foreign organisation has been recognised as charitable for tax purposes in 2011, according to the Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in Great Britain.
- Why Do Nonprofits Have Taxable Subsidiaries? Yetman, Michelle H.; Yetman, Robert J. // National Tax Journal;Dec2008 Part 1, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p675
Nonprofit organizations operate taxable activities in two general ways: as unrelated businesses operated by the nonprofit or through controlled subsidiaries. Prior research and regulatory attention has focused on unrelated business activities, although taxable subsidiaries generate at least as...
- Reliance Financial Acquires Trust Management. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p1
June 16, 2014 (PLANSPONSOR.com) -- The Atlanta-based Reliance Financial Corporation has completed its acquisition of Trust Management, Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas.
- New Hampshire's top 100 public companies. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Jun92, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
List the top 100 public companies and subsidiaries operating in New Hampshire. Revenue of the companies; Net exchange; Banking subsidiaries.
- Leading Detroit area U.S.-owned divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries. Lessard, Raelyn // Crain's Detroit Business;1999 Book of Lists, Vol. 14 Issue 52, p56
Lists leading Detroit, Michigan-area United States-owned divisions, affiliates and subsidiary firms ranked by 1997 revenue. Includes type of business; Number of local and worldwide employees; Contact information.
- Parent-Subsidiary Relationnships in Japan: Somme Observations From Financial Statement... Namiki, Nobuaki // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p15
Presents information on a study which investigated the paternalistic relationships of Japanese parent firms with their subsidiary companies using financial statement data. Impact of keiretsu relationship on the parent-subsidiary relationship; Methodology used; Results and conclusion.
- Seeking Shelter: Empirically Modeling Tax Shelters Using Financial Statement Information. Lisowsky, Petro // Accounting Review;Sep2010, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p1693
Using confidential tax shelter and tax return data obtained from the Internal Revenue Service, this study develops and validates an expanded model for inferring the likelihood that a firm engages in a tax shelter. Results show that tax shelter likelihood is positively related to subsidiaries...
- ESTABLISHING AND OPERATING TAXABLE SUBSIDIARIES. Colson, Robert H.; Tenenbaum, Jeffrey S. // CPA Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p57
Discusses the establishment and operations of taxable subsidiaries of tax-exempt organizations. Benefits of the establishment of a taxable subsidiary; Steps in the establishment of the subsidiary; Details on the payments made by a subsidiary firm to parent firm.
- Credits, Clients and Awards. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p24
Presents news briefs concerning business enterprises and nonprofit organizations in Fairfield County, Connecticut as of March 31, 2003. Inclusion of the opening of Budget Blinds of West Fair; United Methodist Homes' purchase of an assisted-living residence in Newington from the American Health...