- Lost and Found. Ferguson, Tim // Forbes Asia;Jan2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the development of charter cities for the growth of trade and commerce in particular areas. Topic discussed include promotion of charter cities by U.S. economist Paul Romer, experience of China with special economic zones and the crown colony of Hong Kong, China...
- Knowing about growing. Cosgrove, Gillian // Canadian Banker;May/Jun96, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on Canadian economist Paul Romer's contributions to the economic theory of growth. Romer's personal background; Impact of Romer's New Growth Theory; Influence to business.
- Innovation's Adam Smith. Levinson, Marc // Newsweek;12/26/1994, Vol. 124/125 Issue 26/1, p128
Looks at the question of what makes economies grow and considers the views of Paul Romer, who teaches at the University of California, Berkeley. Why Romer believes real wealth creation comes from innovation; His recommendations for what government should do to stimulate the economy.
- Innovation's Adam Smith. Levinson, Marc // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/27/94 & 1/3/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5952, p125
Reports on the ideas on economic growth of University of California, Berkeley teacher Paul Romer. Importance in speeding the pace in the innovation of investments.
- Growth, renaissance mark Exeter area economy. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/14/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, Special Section p6
Features the city of Exeter, New Hampshire. Construction projects in the area; Factors that attract businesses to the city; Indications of the commercial growth in the city.
- Welcome from the President. Ballen, Maxine // njbiz;10/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 41, pP2
Previews the 8th Annual New Jersey Growth Company Showcase at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City in New Jersey on October 23, 2003.
- Revived Santa Ana Lobbies for State Enterprise Zone Renewal. Womack, Brian // Orange County Business Journal;8/15/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the concerns over the expiration of enterprise zone program of Santa Ana, California. Economic growth from the enterprise zone program; Importance of an enterprise zone to business enterprises; Efforts of Santa Ana to extend its enterprise zone program.
- Corporate welfare or economic spark? Green, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p2
Reports on economic results of New York state Empire Zones in Westchester County. Factors influencing the perceived success of the program; Original name of the zones; Objectives of the zones; State Comptroller Alan Hevesi's issuance of a report stating that about half of the Empire Zone...
- In defense of the EDZ. CONROY, ANNE N. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
The author comments on the call to end the Empire Zone program formerly known as Economic Development Zone (EDZ) program, in line with the budget crisis facing the state of New York. The author argues that the Empire Zone program and cites the impact of the program on Dutchess County. The author...