On The Frontier
- News Briefs Around the World. // Defense Technology International;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that the Chinese government plans to establish military bases in tribal areas in northern and northwest regions of Pakistan.
- Photographs From Pakistan's Tribal Areas. Rigaut, Antoine // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2013, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p66
The article reviews the exhibition "Pakistan Through Our Eyes: Emerging Photographers From the Tribal Areas" at the U.S. Instititute of Peace (USIP) in Washington D.C. on June 12, 2013.
- Platform Spacer raises Molikpaq for Sakhalin II development. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p42
Part I. Discusses the refurbishment made on Moliqpak shipyard platform spacer in Russia. Remodelling of shipyard platform in Korea; Installation specification; Manner of towing the platform from Korea to Russia. INSET: East Russia's potential and future..
- Fall in the Bakken. NASH, WAYNE // National Driller;Nov2013, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p40
The article offers the author's insights on the nature of working in a major drilling service company.
- Israel's Madrassas. Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;6/2/2011, p3
The article describes the Israeli form of madrassa in remote towns with its independent education system established by ultra-Orthodox Shas. It mentions the madrassas in Lahore, Pakistan where children are exploited for indoctrination into jihadi philosophy, deployment to regional training and...
- Socio-political issues of Fata, a historical And contemporary perspective. Latif, Abid; Musarrat, Razia // Journal of Public Administration & Governance;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p202
Tribal areas of Pakistan have become the hotbed of ensuing insurgency against the state and the breading ground of terrorism. The fault lines of this simmering crisis is the Geography, the Tribal Genealogical lineage, the porous Durand line, the FCR, the Tribal Genealogical lineage, the porous...
- The Decade of War (2003-2013). Khan, Ehsan Mehmood // Hilal;Apr2014, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p40
The article presents the author's views on the militancy in various areas of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and South Waziristan Agency (AWA) in Pakistan during the decade 2003-2013. It discusses the government policy for countering militancy in the region and cost incurred during...
- Stowaway. AIKINS, MATTHIEU // Foreign Policy;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 198, p84
The article, a Canadian journalist, looks at the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan, as of 2013. He recounts his trip from Karachi, Pakistan, toward the Afghan border in a hired truck, noting it would require crossing the Hindu-Kush mountains and the Federally Administered Tribal...
- FATA: The Never-Ending War on Pakistan's Periphery. Hashim, Asad // World Politics Review (19446284);1/6/2015, p2
The article discusses the negative impact of the continuing war on the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) in Pakistan. Topics covered include the terrorist attack carried out by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in a school in Peshawar, Pakistan on December 16, 2014, the Pakistani...