Japan Abroad: Suzuki's Saga
- At a Crossroads. Mitra, Kushan // Business Today;5/20/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p66
The article focuses on the business conditions at Maruti Udyog Ltd. (MUL) in India. Annual revenues increased 22.2 percent to touch Rs 15,252.3 crore and net profits grew 31.4 percent to Rs 1562 crore. Despite this favorable condition, analysts revised their figures downwards. Reports from Kotak...
- Maruti OKs $430 million growth plan. Mukherjee, Sadananda // Automotive News;10/7/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5681, p26
Discusses the multi-million dollar program by Maruti Udyog Limited, a carmaker, which is an effort to increase its production capacity. Indepth look at the amount of vehicles produced by Maruti per year; When program becomes effective; Other issues of the program awaiting approval.
- Maruti wants more. // Automotive News;3/11/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5649, p48
Reports that Maruti Udyog Ltd. will go to its board for $700 million in new investment that will boost the capacity of the company.
- Maruti up despite India recession. Mukherjee, Sadananda // Automotive News;4/26/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5496, p20
Reports on the rise in production and sales of Maruti Udyog Ltd., an Indo-Japanese joint venture that is India's biggest automobile manufacturer. Decrease in export sales; Italy as Maruti's biggest overseas market; Launching of a model in May 1993; Program to raise capacity.
- Maruti reports record sales, profits in India. Crate, James R. // Automotive News;4/21/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5709, p16
Reports on the financial performance of India's biggest carmaker Maruti Udyog Ltd. for fiscal year 1996. Sales of Maruti's mid-sized model; Maruti as a joint venture between the Indian government and Suzuki Motor Corp.; Record sales and net income; Sharp improvements in costs and productivity;...
- Higher sales in India mask uncertainties. Crate, James R.; Mukherjee, Sadananda // Automotive News;3/2/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5755, p19
Looks at the automotive industry in India. Sales in 1997 marking the fifth consecutive year-to-year gain; The local automobile maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd., being a joint venture between Suzuki Motor Co. and the Indian government; The miscalculation of demand for premium vehicles by international...
- In Search of Another Cash Cow. // Business Today;5/30/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p31
The article reports that the Maruti 800 car from Maruti Udyog Ltd. will be phased out from the market which may be replaced by Zen, WagonR, or another new car.
- Suzuki demands control of Maruti. // Automotive News;1/13/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5695, p1
Presents information on the decision of Suzuki Motor Corporation to withdraw from Maruti Udyog Limited in India. Comments from Boney Mathew, a Detroit-based consultant on the Indian market; Background information on Maruti; Benefits of Suzuki's withdrawal to other car manufacturers; Ultimatums...
- Suzuki, India end dispute; new Maruti ahead. Mukherjee, Sadananda; Treece, James B. // Automotive News;6/22/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5772, p24
Focuses on the settlement of a nine-month dispute between Suzuki Motor Company Limited and the Indian government regarding Maruti Udyog Limited's management. Terms of the agreement; Views of Suzuki president, Osamu Suzuki; Opposition to the appointment of R.S.S.L.N. Bhaskarudu, as managing...