The battle against teen pregnancy can be won, but must be fought by parents and adults as well as teenagers
- Addressing adolescent sexuality. Middleman, Amy B. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p9
The article offers answers to questions related to adolescent sexuality, including what age should pediatricians start counseling patients on sexual issues, effective methods to help patients avoid teen pregnancy, HIV and sexually transmitted infections, and whether sexual activity is concerning...
- Documenting and denial: discourses of sexual self-exploitation. Goldstein, Leigh // Jump Cut: A Review of Contemporary Media;Spring2009, Issue 51, p21
The article reviews the article "Sex and Tech," which appeared online in "CosmoGirl.com" in December 2008.
- Interventions to reduce unintended pregnancies among adolescents: systematic review of randomised controlled trials. DiCenso, Alba; Guyatt, Gordon; Willan, A; Griffith, L // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/15/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7351, p1426
Objective To review the effectiveness of primary prevention strategies aimed at delaying sexual intercourse, improving use of birth control, and reducing incidence of unintended pregnancy in adolescents. Data sources 12 electronic bibliographic databases, 10 key journals, citations of relevant...
- New 'My Voice, My Life' Curriculum Promotes Self-Determination, Good Decision-Making. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;5/20/2008, p3
The article informs that Alameda County public health officials will launch a new teen pregnancy prevention program called "Healthy Passages: My Voice, My Life" to discourage teen pregnancy. The program is designed to help youth learn skills such as assertive communication and informed...
- Too soon, too sorry. Gleick, Elizabeth; Reed, Susan // People;10/24/94, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p52
Focuses on results of a poll by `People' magazine which found that sex education prevents ignorance, but does not prevent pregnancy. Statistics on sexual intercourse among teen 18 years old and younger; Attitudes toward teenage pregnancy; Feelings about the right to abortion; Other findings.
- Clear, Consistent Messages Help Deter Teen Pregnancy, Study Finds. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;06/06/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy's study that outlines several tactics in deterring adolescent sex and pregnancy in the United States. Sex and HIV education programs that can delay the onset of sexual activity by teenagers; Effectiveness of abstinence programs.
- Using IT to reduce teenage pregnancies. Phipps, Kathy // GP: General Practitioner;9/8/2003, p52
The article focuses on an electronic tool which helps reduce teenage pregnancies. Great Britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in western Europe. Unplanned pregnancy limits teenagers' access to education, blighting their career prospects. Barnsley Interactive Teenage Education...
- The teenager and contraception. Walling, Martyn // Pulse;8/16/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 33, p24
Considers issues facing general practitioners in helping teenagers prevent pregnancy. Establishment of trust; Prescription of contraception to teenage girls; Relevant research on teenage sexual education; Methods of contraception.
- Preventing Pregnancy and Protecting Your Life. Orr, Tamra B. // Human Sexuality Supplement;Oct2003, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
Discusses how to avoid unwanted pregnancy in young women. Facts about teenage pregnancies; Risks of pre-marital sex; Sexually transmitted diseases commonly acquired by female teenagers; Views from several medical experts and advocates against teenage pregnancy; Details of several pregnancy...