The Efficacy of the Floor-Reaction Ankle-Foot Orthosis in Children with Cerebral Palsy
- The Hip-Knee-Ankle Angle in Children: Reference Values Based on a Full-Length Standing Radiograph. Sabharwal, Sanjeev; Zhao, Caixia // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 10, p2461
Background: It is well recognized that the alignment of the lower limb changes during early childhood. The hip-knee-ankle angle is often referred to as the mechanical femoral-tibial angle and is measured on a full-length radiograph of the lower extremity. While several authors have independently...
- Mechanical Axis Following Staple Epiphysiodesis for Limb-Length Inequality. Gorman, Troy M.; Vanderwerff, Ryan; Pond, Michael; MacWilliams, Bruce; Santora, Stephen D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 10, p2430
Background: Staple epiphysiodesis is an option for the treatment of limb-length discrepancies, but it is not without complications. The purpose of this study was to review the outcomes of staple epiphysiodesis, including changes in the mechanical axis. Methods: The study included patients who...
- Factors Influencing Intra-Articular Fluid Temperature Profiles with Radiofrequency Ablation. Zoric, Bojan B.; Horn, Nils; Braun, Sepp; Milett, Peter J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 10, p2448
Background: Radiofrequency ablation devices are being used increasingly in arthroscopic surgery. However, there are concerns that excessive temperatures may damage the articular cartilage. The purpose of this study was to investigate the temperature profiles that occur within the glenohumeral...
- SURGERY OF VERTEBRAL BODIES COMPRESSIVE FRACTURES ACCORDING TO RESULTS OF ALGORITHM OF OSTEOPOROSIS RADIAL DIAGNOSTICS. Tomilov, A. B.; Eidlina, E. M.; Kuznetsova, N. L. // Saratov Journal of Medical Scientific Research / Saratovskii Nau;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p930
The research goal is to optimize the algorithm of radial methods of investigation of early vertebral osteoporosis and vertebral compressive fractures in case of osteoporosis, as well as surgical tactics in vertebral compressive fractures, aggravated by osteoporosis. 220 postmenopausal women have...
- Operative treatment of patellofemoral maltracking with torsional osteotomy. Dickschas, Jörg; Harrer, Jörg; Pfefferkorn, Ronny; Strecker, Wolf // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Mar2012, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p289
Introduction: A femoropatellar syndrome may be caused by a deformity in the torsional axis of the femur or the tibia. The two cardinal symptoms are anterior knee pain and patellar instability. Methods: We retrospectively evaluated 32 torsional osteotomies. The aim of the study was to prove that...
- My INSPIRATION. Rabida, Laura // Exceptional Parent;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p92
Relates the author's experience in caring for a child with cerebral palsy and brachial plexus. Inspiration derived by the author in taking care of the child; Determination of the child to live life to the fullest.
- WEB WATCH. // O&P Business News;Jul2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p4
The article lists the top stories at OandPNews.com on May 11-June 15, 2015, including "New surgical technique could reduce incidence of Charcot foot," "Study: Females with cerebral palsy require more cautious hamstring lengthening," and "Researchers identify effective, cost-effective treatments...
- What I Make of It. Smolka, Timothy // Exceptional Parent;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p51
Recounts the story of a child with cerebral palsy. Interaction among peers; Education; Club activities. INSET: A Mother's Perspective, by Maryellen Smolka.
- My Hero Evan. Feeney, Paige // Exceptional Parent;Jul2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p108
Describes the author's brother who have cerebral palsy (CP). Author's identification of the brother as a hero; Description of the people with CP; Braveness of the brother.