Tackling Security Challenges Throughout the Network
- ActiveScout nips attacks in the bud. Chu, Francis // eWeek;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p46
ForeScout Technologies Inc.'s ActiveScout 2.1 IDS provides an extra layer of protection from attackers and certain viruses that will be appreciated at security-conscious sites. ActiveScout can help stop distributed-denial-of-service attacks from propagating by returning spoofed data to prevent...
- Counterespionage for networks. Liebmann, Lenny // Communications News;Jul2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on a technology developed by Forescout Technologies in San Mateo, California used for securing computer networks. Information on the strategies used by companies to prevent problems related to computer network security; Features of the ActiveResponse technology; Benefits of using the...
- ForeScout pitches honeypot technology as IPS. Snyder, Joel; Burns, Christine // Network World;2/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p73
Introduces the network-based intrusion protection software ActiveScout from ForeScout Technologies. Capabilities and functions; Benefits to users.
- Shutting out the bad guys. Dix, John // Network World;2/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p36
Presents ForeScout Technologies Inc.'s intrusion-prevention tool ActiveScout. Hacking-prevention tool; Reduction of false positives generated by firewalls and intrusion-detection systems.
- RECENT Releases. // Information Security;Jan2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p61
This article evaluates products related to information security including the Counter ACT 6.0 NAC solution from Forescout Technologies, the SecureSpan XML Accelerator from Layer 7 Technologies and SplashID from SplashData.
- An automated answer to worms? Dix, John // Network World;11/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p34
Editorial. Focuses on the WormScout intrusion-prevention product from ForeScout Technologies Inc. Design of the product; Installation of the product; Mechanism employed by the product.
- BEST NAC PRODUCT. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p61
The article announces that ForeScout Technologies' CounterACT has won the 2012 SC Awards U.S. Reader Trust Award for Best NAC Product.
- When network security is not enough. Boichat, Paul // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar/Apr2011, p38
The author discusses the importance of information rights management (IRM) in organisations. It discusses the use of a traditional security model which offers protection through firewalls, perimeters and network monitoring. It also discourages reliance on third parties to manage risks and...
- CLOUD COMPUTING: NETWORK/SECURITY THREATS AND COUNTERMEASURES. Qaisar, Sara; Khawaja, Kausar Fiaz // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jan2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1323
Nowadays not just large organizations, but even small and medium size businesses are looking forward to adopt an economical computing resource for their business application, i.e. by introducing a new concept of cloud computing in their environment. Cloud computing improves organizations...