ASIS International has Hallmark Year in Standards and Guidelines
- Dept. of Homeland Security Intends to Adopt ASIS International Organizational Resilience ANSI Standard. Piell, Amanda B. // Buildings;Nov2009, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to choose the American National Standards Institute/American Society for Industrial Security (ANSI/ASIS) Organizational Resilience American National Standard as a national preparedness standard for the...
- All You Need to Do is Get Involved. Endres, Jeff // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 19C, p38
The article focuses on the importance of standards in the operation of an optical laboratory business. A standard is defined by the American National Standards Institute as a document established by consensus that provides rules, guidelines or characteristics for activities or their results. The...
- New AV guidelines help boost best practice. Quinn, Mike // AV Magazine;Sep/Oct2011, p19
The article offers the author's analysis on the American National Standard Institute (ANSI)/InfoComm 2M-2010 Standard Guide for Audiovisual Systems Design and Coordination Processes in Europe. He argues on the consistency of the guide to standard tasks, obligations and deliverables needed for...
- Untitled. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/15/93, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p20
Features the 1993 edition of the Standards catalog from the American National Standards Institute. Indexes; Subject index; Purchasing guide; Catalog cost.
- CFC conversion standard approved. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/28/95, Vol. 195 Issue 18, p4
Reports on American National Standards Institute's recognition of UL's `Standard for Safety Field Conversion-Retrofit of Products to Change to an Alternative Refrigerant-Construction and Operation.'
- International standards agreed upon. // NACD Directorship;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and its Japanese equivalent have established a common set of principles and procedures to guide the development of conformity assessment.
- Proposed ANSI ergo standard available. Smith, S.L. // Occupational Hazards;May98, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the release of the proposed American National Standard Institute's Z365 standard, `Control of Cumulative Trauma Disorders,' while stating the standard is available for public comment. Benefits of the standard; When the comment period began; Contact information.
- Aerosol rule on burner. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the implementation of the proposed safety standards for processing empty aerosol cans by an American National Standards Institute subcommittee. Analysis of research on the aerosol-can safety issue; Focus of the group; Comments from Jack Legler, subcommittee chairman and executive...
- ANSI Group merges CAP, QAM line codes in RADSL standard. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;08/04/97, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p26
Reports that the Ad Hoc committee appointed by ANSI has announced that the rate-adaptive ADSL (RADSL) standard will support interoperation between both carrierless amplitude/phase (CAP) and quadrature/amplitude modulation (QAM) formats. Reference to an agreement between QAM advocate Broadcam...