Regulations: 'GOLDEN' RULES OR RULING YOU?
- JOINT COMMISSION to announce name change and rebranding effort this month. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p52
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations to shorten its name to The Joint Commission starting January 2007. The move is part of an overall rebranding effort by the agency. A new logo and a new tagline will also be introduced. The...
- JCAHO's Trib-ulations. // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the flaws of the United States Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Farcical nature of the U.S. regulatory system.
- Joint Commission streamlines requirements for patient safety. // Behavioral Health Accreditation & Accountability Alert;Sep2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) to score the facilities it evaluates on a select list of safety-related recommendations. List of the 2003 National Patient Safety Goals of JCAHO; Recommendations for healthcare...
- Rewarding work. PULEC, JACK L. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Feb1998, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p80
Editorial. Discusses the impact of the intrusion of government and big business which has resulted in a deterioration in the outstanding medical care enjoyed in the United States before 1980. Role of the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) in hospital,...
- JCAHO performance reports, manual available. // ASHA;Jan95, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p22
Announces the release of reports on the quality of health care in American hospitals, home care programs and long-term facilities by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JCAHO). Evaluation of organizations; Introduction of the Health Care Network Program.
- Joint Commission launches project for integrated delivery systems. // Primary Care Weekly;01/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the launching of the Charter Network Project, an integrated health care delivery system by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Accreditation of the Lovelace Health Systems; Contact information.
- New 2008 NPSGs target early intervention, medication safety. // Hospital Peer Review;Sep2007, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p117
The article focuses on the goals added by the U.S. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations on its National Patient Safety Goals.
- The Joint Commission Is Coming! The Joint Commission is Coming! Thompson, Richard E. // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the emphasis of Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) on the evaluation standards in the U.S. Significance of the JCAHO manual; Changes in the standard; Survey procedures of the organization.
- JCAHO seeks inclusion in state reform legislation. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;9/12/94, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p17
Reports on the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations' (JCAHO) launching of a lobbying effort to get its key services included in state healthcare reform plans around the United States. Services offered by JCAHO; Effort as extension of JCAHO's mission from federal to...