How Will Reversal of Mexican Law Affect Your Business?
- Britain aims to cut drug-related crime in half by 2008. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;9/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 213, p7
Reveals that Prime Minister Tony Blair of Great Britain has announced antidrug legislation that will include forcing all criminal suspects to undergo a drug test at the time of arrest.
- Drug treatment saves money. // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the findings of a study conducted by the Arizona Administrative Office of the Courts on the cost effectiveness of the drug treatment law passed in 1996. Amount of savings posted by the state government as a result of the law; States which also approved similar drug treatment laws.
- 106th Congress-first session-1999. // NCADD Washington Report;May99, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p2
List several legislative bills related to drug and alcohol use in the United States introduced in the first session of the 1999 106th Congress. Includes Safe & Sober Streets Act of 1999; Faith-based Drug Treatment Enhancement Act; Jail-Based Substance Treatment Programs.
- MEMBERS SUPPORTING ANTI-DRUG LEGISLATION RETAIN SEATS. // NCADD Washington Report;Dec2000, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the support by United States congressmen on bills to increase substance abuse funding, create treatment, reduce underage drinking or other anti-drug legislation.
- 107th Congress ï¿½ First Session. // NCADD Washington Report;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p2
Presents a chart of legislative bills related to the reduction of alcoholism and drug abuse in the U.S.
- Khat not to be banned in UK. // Drugs & Alcohol Today;Dec2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the decision of the British government not to classify khat under the Misuse of Drug Act, as of December 2005. Warning issued by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs regarding the drug classification of the plant; Recommendations made by the council regarding the use of khat.
- Drug testing will change neighborhoods. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
The article states that the Drug Elimination Policy for the Umatilla Reservation Housing Authority (URHA) will help change the mentality of the neighborhood, which was assessed to have high level of drug use.
- 107th Congress - First Session. // NCADD Washington Report;Jul2001, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p2
Presents an outline of drug abuse prevention-related legislative bills discussed during the first session of the 107th Congress of the United States in 2001.
- Drugs are at root of youth woes: Bond. // Alcoholism Report;Jun98, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on drug legislation for juvenile deliquency in the United States. Reason for the increasing incidents of juvenile arrests; Comments from Senator Christopher Bond, a republican for Missouri; Provision of the Violent and Repeat Juvenile Offender Act.