- Ready all your IT defences. // Computer Weekly;2/27/2003, p20
Reports on the advice of the Great Britain Infrastructure Security Co-ordination Center to organizations to review the security of their systems to face the cyberterrorism. Increase in the legislative focus on the safety of organizations; Diligence of information technology function in...
- Securing the Small Lobby. Marquette, Sue // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on the initiative of the Plaza South Association in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to place a computerized tracking system to its lobby for security management.
- Organizations are still unprepared for cyber attacks. // Farm & Dairy;11/20/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 9, pC11
The article reports on the annual Global Information Security survey "Get Ahead of Cybercrime," by professional services firm Ernst & Young LLP (EY) which suggests that most organizations remained unprepared for cyber attacks, with 67% of them facing growing threats in information security.
- Hong Kong, Taiwan most exposed to cyberattacks. // SMB World Asia;10/4/2015, p4
The article presents a survey indicating the dominant exposure of organizations in Asia Pacific to cyberattacks in the first half of 2015.
- What's Enough Security? Johnson, Robert // Emergency Management;Nov2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p82
The author shares his views on the growing concern over threats in vulnerable public and private institutions in the U.S. The author cites the case at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland wherein a visitor killed a patient and shot a physician. The incident led to the immediate call...
- It's Cool! But Is It Right For You? Mast, Brent // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on some things to consider by organizations before using new technologies for security purposes such as physical security information management (PSIM), video management system (VMS), and identity management. It says that an organization should first think if the said...
- Card Printers Make IDs On Site and On Demand. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p42
The article presents organizations that incorporates Identification (ID) systems for security purposes in the U.S. It cites the Manpower Inc. that deployed the ID badges to ensure that it properly accounted all individuals in the building. Moreover, Dr. Lea Bailey, director of Learning Services...
- STREAMLINING DEFENSES. Moscaritolo, Angela // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
The article looks at the use of security operations center (SOC) by organizations in the U.S. Some of the functions of SOC are centralizing security monitoring and providing continuous monitoring. According to Sam Curry of RSA, the Electronic Warfare Operations Centers used by the defense...
- THE ROLE AND EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN THE WORKPLACE. Cilliers, Francois Quintin // Northern Kentucky Law Review;2013, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p567
The article examines the significant role and impact of social media on modern work environment. It notes the need for modern workplace to adapt the use of social media and electronic communication for employees' adherence to the lawful instructions of their employers. It suggests employers to...