LAWLESS LEADERS AND A COUNTY OUT OF CONTROL: THE JAMES COMMISSION AND JEFFERSON COUNTY, TEXAS, 1960
- Gangster's Paradise. Andreas, Peter // Foreign Affairs;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p22
The article presents a discussion of international crime, the history of organized crime and illicit trading in the U.S., and contemporary reactions to international crime, which is adapted from the author's book "Smuggler Nation: How Illicit Trade Made America."
- Southwestern collection. // Southwestern Historical Quarterly;Jan97, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p380
Presents several news items related to Texas for 1997. Includes the Texas State Historical Association's centennial meeting on March 6-8, 1997 with Bill Moyers and Robert M. Berdahl; Plains Indian Seminar on September 26-28, 1997; Annual Alamo Battlefield Association Meeting on March 7, 1997.
- THC seeks untold tales of Texas History. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p10A
The article reports that the Texas Historical Commission (THC) has adopted a criteria to award approved candidates it is commitment to save the unknown stories of Texas' past.
- TEXAS CROSSWORD. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p3
A crossword puzzle related to historical events, business enterprises, and personalities in Texas is presented.
- 50 Years Ago from the Whitney Messenger archives. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/25/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p2
The article offers information on the events that happened on November 27, 1959 in Texas, including the national marketing quota referendum for peanut growers, the breaking in the offices at the Whitney School and the death of Edna M. Kerr and John B. Holliday due to asphyxiation.
- GANGSTER'S PARADISE. // Event Design Magazine;Apr/May2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
The artiicle focuses on the exhibition at the Mob Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada, featuring the history of organized crime in the U.S., in which the exhibition design was handled by Gallagher & Associates LLC. It showcases the story of how the Federal Government started fighting back against the...
- 50 Years Ago. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8
An excerpt from the periodical "Whitney Messenger" is presented.
- FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK. Hendrickson Jr., Kenneth E. // Sound Historian;2007, Vol. 10, pii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jennifer M. Ross-Nazzal and colleagues on how NASA impacted the Clear Lake Area, Texas during the early 1960's and another one by JoAnn Pospisil on franchising and selling West Texas water resources.
- FEBRUARY 12, 1899. Stone, Ron // Book of Texas Days;1984, p28
The article states that the temperature in Tulia, Texas dropped to 23 degrees below zero on February 12, 1899.