On the Business of Life
- Hello, Dolly! Kent, David A. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;05/23/97, Vol. 180 Issue 22, p11
Celebrates the release of a commemorative honoring playwright Thornton Wilder, held in Hamden, Connecticut on April 17. His professional background; Educational background; Accomplishments.
- Where the wilder things are. Jones, Chris // American Theatre;Jan98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
Talks about Thornton Wilder's plays presented at the Actors Theatre of Louisville, Kentucky, in November 1997 for the annual Classics in Context Festival. World premiere of four one-act Wilder plays; Disparate topics and whimsical themes of the plays.
- The Secret Citizen of 'Our' Town THORNTON WILDER: Richard Hall Assesses the Work. // Advocate;5/29/80, Issue 293, p24
Focuses on the life and works of writer Thornton Wilder. List of published works; Influence of Wilder's homosexuality on his novels; Issues related to the authorized biography of Wilder.
- The Secret Citizen of 'Our' Town THORNTON WILDER: Samuel Steward Remembers the Man. // Advocate;5/29/80, Issue 293, p25
Relates an encounter with writer Thornton Wilder in Zurich, Switzerland. Techniques used in writing; Views on the Catholic Church; Attitude towards homosexuals.
- Lyceum to look at contributions of Wilder. // New Hampshire Business Review;08/15/97, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p30
Announces the special program that will be presented by the Monadnock Summer Lyceum in New Hampshire to commemorate the 100th anniversary of writer Thornton Wilder's birth on August 17, 1997. Independent scholar Tappan Wilder's speech on his uncle's contribution to American culture; Reception...
- THORNTON WILDER. Steloff, Frances // Journal of Modern Literature;Apr75, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p867
Relates how Thornton Wilder urged the author to write about her Gotham Book Mart bookstore in New York City. Text of an article that appeared in 'Proteus Quarterly' about how the bookstore started; Publication of the book 'Wise Men Fish Here: The Story of the Gotham Book Mart,' by W.R. Rogers,...
- THORTON WILDER'S BERNICE. Williams, Michael V. // American Notes & Queries;May1980, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p144
Reviews the play 'Bernice,' written by Thornton Wilder.
- Lifting Every Roof. Simon, Linda // World & I;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p273
Profiles the author, Thornton Wilder. Personal information on Wilder; How he served in World War II.
- Thornton Wilder stamp debuts April 17. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;03/28/97, Vol. 180 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the issuance of a commemorative postage stamp honoring playwright and novelist Thornton Wilder on his 100th birth anniversary. Novels and plays written by Wilder; Designs of the Thornton Wilder Stamp; Other Literary Art Series aside from Thornton Wilder Stamp; Significant technical...