Nine Others to Keep an Eye On
- Indian philanthropy gets high-profile boost. // Alliance;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that Indian industrialist Shiv Nadar has donated 125 million dollars to his foundation from his own fortune in August 2010, which gives optimism to Indian Philanthropy Forum (IPF) in its efforts to boost Indian philanthropy.
- 'How do you eat an elephant?'. Sundaram, Karthik // Siliconindia;Oct2002, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the corporate leadership strategies of HCL Ltd. chairman, Shiv Nadar. Influence on the facilitation of the company's movement away from products to services; Differentiation of HCL's potential in the business processing operations industry; Techniques for motivating HCL's employees.
- 3000 crore for education: Shiv Nadar. // Day After;11/16/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p34
The article reports that Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL Corp., committed to invest in new and existing initiatives of his foundation over the next five years.
- The root cause. // India Today;7/11/2011, p54
An introduction to a series of profiles of educators in India is presented including Shiv Nadar University founder Shiv Nadar, Parvez Ahmad of Sharda University, and Rhode scholar and professor C. Raj Kumar.
- Shiv Nadar, Sanjay Kalra line up $500 mn to buy IT cos. // Express Healthcare;9/15/2015, p3
The article reports on technology industry veteran Sanjay Kalra has been chosen by HCL Tech founder and chairman Shiv Nadar as his partner to launch an investment firm that will invest money to buy out information technology product and platform companies in the U.S. and India.
- For IT heiress Roshni Nadar, philanthropy is a priority. // South Asian Post;11/28/2013, p7
The article focuses on Roshni Nadar, chief executive officer at information technology firm HCL Technologies Ltd. and trustee of Shiv Nadar Foundation, which were founded by her father Shiv Nadar, an industrialist, and informs that philanthropy and HCL Corp. are current focus for Roshni.
- Global Giving Round-Up. // Global Giving Matters;Winter2013, Issue 49, p6
This section offers news briefs in philanthropy. The winners of the 2012 Philanthropy Awards published by Forbes India are Azim Premji from Wipro as the Outstanding Philanthropist, and Tata Trust as the Outstanding Corporate Foundation. The Shiv Nadar Foundation donated 20% of the family wealth...
- Shiv Nadar and Sanjay Kalra launch new investment firm. // Express Healthcare;9/15/2015, p2
The article reports on the announcement of Shiv Nadar and Sanjay Kalra, chairman of healthcare firms HCL and SNSK chairman, respectively, on the launch of Shiv Nadar & Sanjay Kalra Associates LLP (SNSK), an investment firm.
- Dynamic Duo. // Business Today;10/11/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p133
The article focuses on the launch of an investment firm Shiv Nadar & Sanjay Kalra Associates under the partnership of business men Shiv Nadar and Sanjay Kalra, which will serve the health care industry.