Yodeling in Asia
- Downloads. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;5/26/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p17
Presents a list of the top music searches of Web users at Yahoo! as of May 26, 2003.
- Yahoo!'s new spot touts shopping area. Kuchinskas, Susan // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/1/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p67
Reports on the television commercial created by Black Rocket for online service Yahoo! aimed at creating awareness for its remodeled shopping area. Improved search capabilities for users; Description of the TV ad; Brand building efforts of the company; Theme of the campaign.
- Panama from Yahoo! Long, Danielle // Campaign (UK);6/8/2007, Issue 23, p14
The article cites the Yahoo! Inc.'s new search platform, Panama, which was launched in 2007 in Great Britain. The new features on Panama include forecasting data tools, enhanced geographical targeting, new keyword groupings and instant advertising approvals. Panama is being viewed as Yahoo!'s...
- THE SEARCH ENGINE THAT REALLY HITS THE SPOT. Winder, Davey // Information World Review;Apr2007, Issue 234, p19
The article offers a comparison for the six leading Web search engines in Great Britain. AOL features its FullView sidebar, which combines image, video and audio search results. The author notes that Ask has excellent search refinement tools but has poor results relevancy. He criticizes the...
- Yahoo! and open the portals, it's war in the search for Internet gold. Banaghan, Margaret // BRW;09/21/98, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p90
Presents information on Internet search-engine companies that are restructuring to become portals to the Web. Portals attracting large shares of the Web traffic and Internet advertising; Features that portals have; Portals being watched by traditional media companies; Yahoo!, Excite and...
- Google's Accidental Selfless Promotion. // InfoWorld;2/23/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the decision of Yahoo to cancel its use of the Google search engine in favor of its own search technology. Action taken by Google in announcing the move of Yahoo; Advantages of Google's algorithmic search technology.
- Search no further. Lardner, James // U.S. News & World Report;05/18/98, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p49
Discusses the business practices at Yahoo!. Yahoo!'s stock performance since 1997; The company's stability; How the United States company was begun by David Filo and Jerry Yang; Details about Yahoo!'s directory and ancillary sites; Role of chief executive officer Tim Koogle; Yahoo!'s...
- AOL, Yahoo! on talent search. Mayberry, Carly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/24/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that Yahoo! Inc. and AOL LLC on October 23, 2006 became the latest Internet search leaders to get closer to giving everyday people a chance for their own 15 minutes of fame. Yahoo! has launched an eight-week online competition, dubbed the "Yahoo! Talent Show." AOL's online...
- Site quality issues push down Yahoo's share of UK search spend. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;1/21/2010, p07
The article reports on the decline of Yahoo's share of the British search engine market which is valued at 3 billion British pounds as of January 2010.