India's IPO Blues
- IPO Underpricing in Regulated Industries. Cagle, Julie; Porter, Gary E. // Journal of Economics & Finance;1996 Supplement, Vol. 20, p27
Compares initial public offering pricing across regulated industry groups. Differences between the regulator, capital standards and competition hypotheses in relation to IPO prices; Less underpricing of financial institution IPO than IPO of other firms; Consistency of the evidence with the...
- WHEN THE TOPLINE SHIFTS. Robertson, Sandy // Siliconindia;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the initial public offering market in the United States. Role of the market as a filter; Preference of companies to stay private; Significance of stock prices. INSET: Sandy Robertson..
- Aftermarket performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/04/99, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p29
Presents statistics of the stock prices of initial public offerings in the United States for January 4, 1999. Includes changes in offer price; Best and worst performers; Issuers include uBID, Incam AG, Artificial Life and Carnival Corp.
- Aftermarket performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p50
Reveals the stock price performance of companies which had gone public in the United States 60 days prior to March 30, 1999. Best- and worst-performing stocks; Graphs tracking the share price of VerticalNet Inc. and VIALOG Corp.; Investment banks which acted as book managers during the offering.
- Hot and Cold IPO Markets: Identification Using a Regime Switching Model. Brailsford, Tim; Heaney, Richard; Powell, John; Jing Shi // Multinational Finance Journal;Mar-Jun2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p35
Focuses on the hot and cold initial public offerings (IPO) market cycles and the monthly measures of IPO activity from 1976 to 1998 to provide characterization and identification of hot and cold IPO markets. Prospect theory explanation for hot issue markets; Measures of IPO activity; Difference...
- Cooling the IPO Market. DeGraw, Irv // On Wall Street;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p69
Observes that the initial public offerings (IPO) market is creating problems in offering companies, underwriters and investors. Implication of the number of IPO deals and averaged gains in February 2000; Why the growing dichotomy between offering participants and retail buyers is creating...
- NOT HALF BAD. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;05/28/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the share prices of Orange County, California-based companies that went public in 2000, as of May 16, 2001. Market value of the companies on their first days of trading in 2000; Comparison with major stock indices.
- Aftermarket performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 41, p35
Presents statistics of aftermarket stock prices of initial public offerings or the week of October 12, 1998. Issuers' names; Offer prices; Rankings of market performance.
- 2001 Initial and Additional Public Offerings. // Business News New Jersey;1/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
Presents a survey result on initial public offerings (IPO) market in New Jersey. Lists of companies with initial public offerings; Participation of Prudential Financial in the IPO market; Impact of public offerings on stock prices.